Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 2
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 08:50 
I Donated
I Donated

Sorry to necro this old thread, but I found a small graphical bug in the Torgue DLC when using Surround:

Basically, the main area's background are blacked out. When you zoom in, the FoV seems to correct itself for the background.

Fairly sure the only way to fix is with an FoV hack...being an Unreal engine game and all.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 07:49 
I Donated
I Donated

Can anyone take a crack at the issue I posted? Wouldn't be a bad idea to fix the distant fog issue.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 12:52 

I'd love it if someone could take a crack at fixing the in-game chat, which is still off screen for me (same with a couple of the menus as mentioned earlier in this thread). I'm sure people in co-op games are trying to tell me something, i just can't read it! :cry:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 03:17 

I just started playing Borderlands 2, and while the minor multi-monitor issues (Chat, Network Connection menu, Character Selection menu, Shift Code screen) are annoying, the biggest issue I have is headaches after an hour or two of playing. Part of that is likely to the camera bounce when running / shooting / taking damage, but I feel like a lot is also due to FoV.

What FoV people are finding comfortable for triple-screen (5760x1080 ish) in this game?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 13:07 
Editors
Editors

The problem in BL2 is that not matter what FOV you choose, your character's weapons remain unchanged and always take up a lot of space right in front of you. I find it quite tiring indeed and I blame the Unreal Engine for putting the game world and the player model in separate planes of existence with no way to tweak them both...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 01:42 

scavvenjahh wrote:
The problem in BL2 is that not matter what FOV you choose, your character's weapons remain unchanged and always take up a lot of space right in front of you. I find it quite tiring indeed and I blame the Unreal Engine for putting the game world and the player model in separate planes of existence with no way to tweak them both...

There's actually a fix for view model, but it's complicated to fix. You need to use the view model fixer mod and the Unofficial Community Patch from the Nexus and also download BLCMM to load the mods. I load UCP first, then import the View Model fix. I check the options I want, then Save the changes. Once in game at the "continue" or "New game" screen, open the console and type: exec patch.txt.

You have to open the console and type that every time you launch the game, but it's soooooooo worth it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6