Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2013, 06:24 
Founder
Founder

Ooh, it's been a while since our last newsletter. Summer has kept all of us hopping and this (supposedly) weekly update has taken a hit.

Summer Garage Sale

I haven't done anything like this before, but I wanted to reach out to the community for a unique way to help the WSGF. I have a couple of projects that I am working on (such as the WSGF Steam Box, which could use some funding help. Rather than beg for money, I thought I would open up an opportunity where you could get real tangible goods for your contributions.

To that end I am asking if you would take a look at the list of items I have recently put up on eBay. Some are directly related to PC gaming, such as my Logitech G27 racing wheel. Items such as my Xbox 360 (huge lot of stuff), PS3 and OUYA are being sold to directly fund the WSGF Steam Box project. Others are items I've used or reviewed on the WSGF, such as my Peerless wall mount, or my Ergotron laptop desk stand. Finally items such as my 3rd Gen iPad and Canon T2i DSLR kit (and a few other bits) are simply just good tech gear.

Thanks for taking a look. Be sure to bid early, and to bid often. I can arrange for local pickup in the Houston area for some of the larger items and lots.

View eBay Listings

Dell U2913WM 21:9 - Media & Consoles

This is a video I've been wanting to to for a while, and it took me much longer to get finished than what I anticipated. But, it's finally here. In this video we take a look at consuming movies and media on the ultra-wide 21:9 panel (via Mac and PC). We also take a look at how "alternative" gaming and media sources (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Apple TV an U-Verse) work with the ultra-wide panel.

See the full article for the list of topics and appliances, and their location in the video.

Warpalizer Blog Series

Marius has updated his blog series with Part 1 and Part 2 of his own personal DIY curved screen project. Both are great reads if you're interested in going the projection route.

Updated Multi-Mon Plugin for Dragon Age: Origins

Helifax has updated his multi-mon plugin to fix a number of issues. If you've never gotten around to playing the original (like me), or are feeling nostalgic due to recent announcements in the series. Check out this article for all the details.

WSGF on TPG Cast Episode 36

skipclarke had the great repeat fortune of sitting down the guys from TruePC Gaming to talk again about the WSGF. In this chat we dig into how the WSGF community came up with or terminology (Hor+, Vert-, etc.), our grading system, and how both have evolved over time. I also go into the details of what it takes for a game to get a Gold or Silver medal.

Click here to listen

Most Wanted

There are a few key recent released that we still need in our Games Database. If you can help add them, we would be most appreciative. If you need help on how to add them, check here. Thanks for the folks who helped with recent updates on AoE2 HD, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Fallout: New Vegas, GRID 2, Planetside 2, Remember Me, and a number of other indie titles.

• DARK

• Dead Island: Riptide

• Defiance

• Dishonored

• Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

• Resident Evil: Revelations

• Sanctum 2

• StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

• Toki Tori 2+

• Trackmania Valley

New Games @ WSGF

Metro Last Light

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Final Fantasy IV: A Realm Reborn

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Prime World: Defenders

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Joe Danger

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Deadpool

MedalMedal

Img

Img

Dust: An Elysian Tale

MedalMedal

Img

Ground Control
MedalMedal

Connect & Support

There are may ways to keep up to date with the WSGF, and support us in our efforts. Over this past week we hit 1k likes on Facebook, and 1k subscribers on YouTube. Spread the word with your gamer friends about the WSGF.

If you would like to support the WSGF, you can donate via PayPal. We also have information on the WSGF donation badges.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:05 
Editors
Editors

Just wondering: why does Dishonored keep popping up in the Most Wanted section of the newsletter ?

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 21:13 
Founder
Founder

Sorry. Did I miss that we had it?