The Crew (& Wild Run) 2014 Manual PLP Instructions
One last borderless spread post.
This current spread is a pretty common example of Borderless Gaming usage. It has trumped ShiftWindow. BG's a bleeding-edge spreader (recent update allows MM spread). Loving it. Anyway I seriously cannot be bothered updating all the instructions to use BG. You will have to improvise, which is not hard (just use BG instead of ShiftWindow, & use fullscreen values Always for BG). More details... somewhere. On the wiki (in How to Spread Games), & Usage is on wsgf blog post (link at bottom).
(PLP screenshot with bezel effect)
1. In-game windowed. Setup Borderless Gaming (BG). Quit game & BG.
2. Edit (Wordpad): %USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml. Width & Height your fullscreen.
3. Start BG, start game (auto-triggers full borderless).
(epic bike view)
1. Game spreads perfect hor+. FOV proper, HUD on center, all vehicle views proper. Racing & game-world hor+, a few rendered video-types also hor+. The pause/character-type-menu hor+: nice small "smartphone" popup that doesn't pause your game & shows hor+ active game-world.
2. But everything else is pillarboxed: most rendered cutscenes, garage, map, menus, maybe more. Same annoying characteristic as Eyefinity fullscreen.
3. In-game FOV slider (optional, not needed, untested).
(rendered cutscene, an example pillarbox-annoyance. But still, the game looks nice, pillarboxes included)
(I like this superior menu - using "Smartphone" for character & the usual pause-type options)
View guide for general help with the instructions.