Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 18:36 

Rose wrote:
I've been improving The Sinking City article on PCGW to let the community know about the game features. As part of it, I also created the ultrawide and multimonitor mods for the game, and an FOV changer.

Attachment:
2.png

Attachment:
1.png

Please dont be annoyed but the FOV is deleted by my Antivirus (more than one time) and the black bar fix do not work for me in 21:9. Im sorry no effect to the cut-scenes. Your pc gamewiki is very good. I ad the commandos in the .ini. Very good. And I also deleted the "intro" Videos. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 19:34 

loki31 wrote:
Rose wrote:
I've been improving The Sinking City article on PCGW to let the community know about the game features. As part of it, I also created the ultrawide and multimonitor mods for the game, and an FOV changer.

Attachment:
2.png

Attachment:
1.png

Please dont be annoyed but the FOV is deleted by my Antivirus (more than one time) and the black bar fix do not work for me in 21:9. Im sorry no effect to the cut-scenes. Your pc gamewiki is very good. I ad the commandos in the .ini. Very good. And I also deleted the "intro" Videos. :thumbup:

The FOV trainer is a memory hack. Most of them trigger AV software. You can scan the file via VirusTotal to look at the summary of its behavior.

There's no pillarboxing fix currently available. The ultrawide and multimonitor mods only adjust the game FOV to match 16:9.
I'll let everyone know if I manage to remove the pillarboxing at the dialogue scenes.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 19:53 

Rose wrote:
loki31 wrote:
Rose wrote:

Attachment:
2.png

Attachment:
1.png

The FOV trainer is a memory hack. Most of them trigger AV software. You can scan the file via VirusTotal to look at the summary of its behavior.

There's no pillarboxing fix currently available. The ultrawide and multimonitor mods only adjust the game FOV to match 16:9.
I'll let everyone know if I manage to remove the pillarboxing at the dialogue scenes.

THX for explaining! Top.
I look everywhere in the net since I got this 21:9 Screen and 4me you are the very best!

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 20:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Rose wrote:

Massive thank you for the fixes, I really loved your World War Z fixes they where life savers. Just a small note I really want to use your FOV fix but I keep on getting Defender catch it as "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml" which is really odd your past fixes only came up up as a hack tool warning and Windows said it was a Cheat Engine warning.

Did your FOV fix file get compromised? My gaming comp is also my work comp and I don't want to risk it. Can you just let me know if it is compromised or it is some really odd false positive? The Defender catch is on [ Severe ] which is a first for any fix on WSGF.

Anyways thanks for the fixes I am sure there is a good explanation for the FOV fix :rockout: cause I really want to use it on the weekend!!!

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 21:01 

Here are the VirusTotal scan results.

Yandex: HackTool.CheatEngine!h2lP7QG9eRI
GData: Win32.Riskware.Hacktool.D
Malwarebytes: RiskWare.CheatEngine
K7AntiVirus: Unwanted-Program ( 004ba1a41 )
ESET-NOD32: A Variant Of Win32/HackTool.CheatEngine.A

Most of the rest are from heuristic analysis and one calls it a KeyLogger, which it is in that it expects you to press the buttons needed for FOV adjustment.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 21:13 

We need a cutscenefix very soon :ugeek:

Attachments:
Thesinkingcity Screenshot 2019.06.28 - 22.10.18.28.png
Thesinkingcity Screenshot 2019.06.28 - 22.10.18.28.png [ 2.99 MiB | Viewed 7690 times ]

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 07:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Rose wrote:
Here are the VirusTotal scan results.

Yandex: HackTool.CheatEngine!h2lP7QG9eRI
GData: Win32.Riskware.Hacktool.D
Malwarebytes: RiskWare.CheatEngine
K7AntiVirus: Unwanted-Program ( 004ba1a41 )
ESET-NOD32: A Variant Of Win32/HackTool.CheatEngine.A

Most of the rest are from heuristic analysis and one calls it a KeyLogger, which it is in that it expects you to press the buttons needed for FOV adjustment.

Cool, thanks for the explanation and again I appreciate all your work for the WSGF community! :rockout:

It's going to be a epic weekend :thumbup: thanks Dude!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 05:18 

5x4? 1280x1024 plz

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 09:49 

It's taken many hours of work but I removed the pillarboxing from the dialogue scenes. There's nothing I can do about the cutscenes that are just 16:9 mp4 videos found in the game folder. I've yet to encounter one since the game intro though.
All the archives are updated!

Attachment:
dialogue.png
dialogue.png [ 3.76 MiB | Viewed 7570 times ]

Attachment:
reed.png
reed.png [ 3.82 MiB | Viewed 7541 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 12:05 

Attachment:
k-Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.30 - 13.00.10.02.png
k-Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.30 - 13.00.10.02.png [ 3.62 MiB | Viewed 7538 times ]
I´ll buy you a coffee! I promise!