Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2019, 23:08 

Borderless @ 2560x1080
For the 3 ps_replace.txt files
all i did was edit "0.1719" to "0.16666"

and i manually hex edit the black bar away using susahamat guide on page 2

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 00:59 

Winkelmann, nice work! The subtitles are centered, but it seems like most game text got pushed to the right. There's also a rectangle of space on the left that I guess is stuff loading in the background, that is no longer hidden by fade-in-from-black or fade-to-black transitions. It's just like you said. See attached.

Also, can you tell us more about the Mods folder and this ini trick?

Attachments:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png [ 393.88 KiB | Viewed 7534 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 7544 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 01:44 

markuscicero5 wrote:
The subtitles are centered, but it seems like most game text got pushed to the right.

Edit: Rewrote fix to properly check for shaders present in a scene without weird workarounds. (also rewrote post)

Installation:

Step 1: Open the d3dx.ini and uncomment "include_recursive = Mods".

Step 2: Create a folder called "Mods" next to the game executable.

Step 3: Download this file and put it in the "Mods" folder: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mart ... extfix.ini

Step 4: Put this (replace if asked) in the ShaderFixes folder: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mart ... eplace.txt

Adjustments are done in the shader file (da86a094e768f000-vs_replace.txt), it comes with approximately the values for 3440x1440, to adjust it modify "0.2500".

Huge thanks to the amazing people on the Helixmod/3Dmigoto Discord: masterotaku for helping me with the initial fix and DarkStarSword for explaining how to implement if statements correctly.

---

Edit 2: New and improved explanation on how it all works. (also some small but not functionality changing improvements to the mod, no need to update)

How the mods folder works: It's a way to make stuff that would go into d3dx.ini portable (e.g. just copy the file, no need to copy and paste). I think it should be fairly straightforward.

How the mod works:

Code:
[Constants]
global $in_game

^This part allows me to use $in_game to store the state of the HUD (I use it to detect if we are in game or in a cutscene/menu)

Code:
[ShaderOverrideHUDPRESENCE]
hash=9958a636cbef5557
preset=Ingame

This shader checks for the presence of the HUD and if it is there, runs the preset called "ingame"

Code:
[PresetINGAME]
$in_game=1

This just sets $in_game to 1 - the reason we can't do it right in HUDPRESENCE is that due to the order in which 3dmigoto handles different types of shaders, our pixel shader used for hud detection comes after the vertex shader for the hud text.

Code:
[ShaderOverrideFORHUDTEXT]
hash=da86a094e768f000
if $in_game
   checktextureoverride=ib
endif

da86... is the vertex shader that contains the text we want to move, to edit the index buffer which the text is using we need to first mark the vertex shader so 3dmigoto can modify the buffer, this is for performance reasons. We are also only doing this when we are in game (if statement).

Code:
[TextureOverrideAPPLYINGAME]
hash=3e4f8614
if $in_game
   pre z=1
   post z=0
endif
;handling=skip

3e4f... is the index buffer of our text, this part checks if we are in game and if we are, tells the shader (which reads the value of "z") to behave differently when processing this buffer. The part with "post" is so "z" gets reset when we are done (otherwise it is permanently 1), not sure if "pre" really does anything in this case but I just put it there as well.

The commented out "handling=skip" is for testing purposes (it makes the buffer disappear and does so without needing any shader modifications so it's good for finding where something went wrong).

Edit 3:

I totally forgot to add what I did on the shader:

Code:
  float4 iniparams = IniParams.Load(0);

This loads the parameter from the mod into the shader. (Note: This line can just be anywhere in the same block as the code below, ideally right above it, idk why it ended up a couple lines above it in my shader file but it shouldn't make a difference.)

Code:
  if (iniparams.z==1)
   {
   o0.x+=0.2500;
   }

"o0.x += SOMETHING" normally moves the entire HUD and caused a ton of issues but since it is in the if statement for "z" matching "1" it is only used for the text.

Last edited by Winkelmann on 22 Feb 2019, 05:51, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 01:55 

Winkelmann wrote:
Hey everyone, I managed to find a fix for the HUD text as well!

There are a couple bugs related to the fact that certain elements of real time cutscenes and the black box fading in and out certain parts of the UI are part of the same buffer. I am really interested to hear how this behaves, especially on wider screens.

Installation:

Open the d3dx.ini and uncomment "include_recursive = Mods".

Create a folder called "Mods" next to the game executable

Put this file inside: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mart ... extfix.ini

Finally put this in the ShaderFixes folder: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mart ... eplace.txt

This is approximately the correct value for 3440x1440, to adjust it replace "0.2500"

Huge thanks to masterotaku from the Helixmod / 3Dmigoto Discord for helping me figure out how this all works!

We're getting pretty close to full ultrawide support in AC7.

sorry new at this, what do you mean by uncomment? just remove the ; in front of it?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 02:02 

lanis wrote:
sorry new at this, what do you mean by uncomment? just remove the ; in front of it?

Yes.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 04:09 

Winkelmann wrote:
I have been saving playing the story for when the fixes are complete, does anyone know if there are parts in the story with other, mission specific elements that are still buggy?

I'm glad you asked, because I have fixed them. XD

Well, some of them. Mission 7 has some... specific things going on with the HUD. Map background and characters reverted to their old positions, so I had to go find them again. And it wasn't easy...
Spoiler:
Protecting allied fighters so the mission doesn't fail, while deliberately getting struck by lightning, and while mashing numpad to hunt for the shaders that deal with your electrified HUD. Metal af.

Here's the proof, but it's a minor spoiler for mission 7, my personal favorite in the game. https://i.imgur.com/Fq0v2GC.jpg

Shaders are here as usual. My script has also been updated to do all this automatically.

https://github.com/mpm11011/ac7-ultrawide/tree/master/ShaderFixes

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 04:12 

Does my new text fix a few posts up work on that mission as well or is that also using different shaders?

Edit: I mean this post: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 50#p174750

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 04:16 

It worked before you started using $in_game, even on that mission. Let me see if works after.

EDIT: Yep, still works. Nicely done. Thanks for the explanation too!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 05:49 

Unfortunately, I need a little bit of help. All of the previous adjustments have worked flawlessly for me (3440x1440), but for some reason, despite following the instructions to the letter, I cannot get the subtitles to shift to the center. I put the hudfix text file in the Mods folder as well.

Attachments:
ac7folder.png
ac7folder.png [ 138.91 KiB | Viewed 7190 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 05:55 

markuscicero5 wrote:
Thanks for the explanation too!

I added the part that explains what I did on the shader, I forgot to add it at first.

Blu Soldier wrote:
Unfortunately, I need a little bit of help. All of the previous adjustments have worked flawlessly for me (3440x1440), but for some reason, despite following the instructions to the letter, I cannot get the subtitles to shift to the center. I put the hudfix text file in the Mods folder as well.

Please send a screenshot of the line that you uncommented in the d3dx.ini file.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next