Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2017, 23:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome guys!

I'm going to test it a bit more and the "semi-fix" I intend for 3D Vision fixing this game. I'll make 2 versions: one the has the 3D Vision fix in place and one just for this black-bar problem, so please bear with me just a little longer;)

Cheers!
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2017, 01:14 

helifax wrote:
Awesome guys!

I'm going to test it a bit more and the "semi-fix" I intend for 3D Vision fixing this game. I'll make 2 versions: one the has the 3D Vision fix in place and one just for this black-bar problem, so please bear with me just a little longer;)

Cheers!
Helifax

no worries! You are the man!!!!!!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 10:55 

helifax wrote:
Awesome guys!

Cheers!
Helifax

I've just registered to thank you, LOTS.

I'm the guy who has been pestering Michael Gamble on twitter since November about the 21:9 support in Mass Effect Andromeda, and your fix, with your own wrapper, to the black pillars, would be more than welcome (especially since the new update kicked in and I would prefer no flicker :) )

Cheers and good fortune to you!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 11:33 

Hi LuPoNe, I have been also spamming them but no response, ever. :/
I'm so trigger over that they leave realtime cutscenes locked for no reason... I do know most games like Andromeda first made on console, esp PS4 but the fact they don'T unlock cutscenes upon porting... *insert rage here
I'm so grateful for Master Helifax's work. ;D
We seriously need to 'spam' them so they notice us, that we are a lot and we have some rightful expections and needs in 2017...

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 13:54 

Nick Firzen wrote:
I'm so trigger over that they leave realtime cutscenes locked for no reason... I do know most games like Andromeda first made on console, esp PS4 but the fact they don'T unlock cutscenes upon porting... *insert rage here
We seriously need to 'spam' them so they notice us, that we are a lot and we have some rightful expections and needs in 2017...

Hi Nick, thing is that Mike Gamble also told that he's "one of us", of the WideScreen community, as he has a 21:9 screen at home, and the confirmed reason for the pillarboxes is oddities happening on the non visible area (characters popping off and on, unintended stuff, etc..).

On their side, they have to rework in the animation to add the missing information, on our side, we may just hope for Master Helifax's hack to free us from the dreaded pillarboxes.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 14:10 

LuPoNe wrote:
Nick Firzen wrote:

Hi Nick, thing is that Mike Gamble also told that he's "one of us", of the WideScreen community, as he has a 21:9 screen at home, and the confirmed reason for the pillarboxes is oddities happening on the non visible area (characters popping off and on, unintended stuff, etc..).

On their side, they have to rework in the animation to add the missing information, on our side, we may just hope for Master Helifax's hack to free us from the dreaded pillarboxes.

Whats up Lupone, i'm parker on twitter, we've been tag teaming them some. I really wish they would just add an option to allow us the choice on turning it on or off. Would be a very quick and easy fix on there part, don't worry about re-doing cinematics to support 21:9 just allow us the option to choose them that way as is.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 14:50 

maxatv wrote:

Whats up Lupone, i'm parker on twitter, we've been tag teaming them some. I really wish they would just add an option to allow us the choice on turning it on or off. Would be a very quick and easy fix on there part, don't worry about re-doing cinematics to support 21:9 just allow us the option to choose them that way as is.

Hi there! Nice meeting you hwere as well! An option like that would be great for us, unfortunately I see it very unlikely, unless they provide a proper fix, but let's try :)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 16:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 16:58 

helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Cheers!

Lots of thanks, Cheers and Wine from the good old Rome, I'm going to test it as soon as I get home from the office (max two hours) and give you some feedback.

Thank you!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 19:22 

helifax wrote:
Right guys,

Cheers!

Given this:

http://imgur.com/bYc0TIb

Am I safe to assume that it works fine? (minor dialogue spoilers with Peebee in that image)

Also "applying" it is easy as pie, just copy the files in ME:A folder, it doesn't overwrite anything, and it just works :D

What would happen if they would patch in the option for DX12? It won't work, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next