Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 11:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 16:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm using the new NVIDIA drivers for Win10 and SLI works very well.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 19:34 

Kayden wrote:
I'm using the new NVIDIA drivers for Win10 and SLI works very well.

Are you using surround also?
Last time I checked surround on Win10 the windows UI was messed up and skewed so I went back to 8.1
Did they fix that do you know?

5760x1080 works at 60fps now at least woohoo!
Does anyone have a link to the files needed to fix the menu I know they're on this page somewhere...

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 19:53 

what is needed to get this game to work in 5760x1080 with fixes?
it is impossible to make any sense out of this thread.
Now I have given up and are playing it in 1920x1080 with my side vision black

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 20:11 

flyingdingy wrote:

Check page 20. It has a guide on there.

Anyone know what I need to change these values to for 5905x1080, missing a bit of the left side of the screen.
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0

What is the best FOV setting? The side screens are to skewed for my liking.
Would also like to know the correct values for the workshop icons/papers. Tried the page 44 Interface values but they are still skewed vertically.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 21:02 

Hi,
I am on Geforce drivers at 5760x1080 surround and the values below along with the corrected Interface file make it all good. NOTE: some small issues will remain such as occasional green square out of place and preview icons in workshop will be slightly narrowed. NOTE2: I am not on SLI i am running a single 780 TI 4 gig card driving 3 dell s224's and the new driver fixed something for me too. i was getting a small slowdown to around 40 fps near the 360 bldg but now it never moves from solid 60. seems to be doing a better job with the shadows too.
in fallout4.ini add or edit the following
[Interface]
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=90
fSafeZoneYWid=36.0
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=64.0
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36.0
fInventory3DItemZoomScale=2.6250
fInventory3DItemPosScaleWide=1.7500
fInventory3DItemPosScale=2.1875
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=1.7143
fWorkbenchItemScreenScale=1.7500
fInspectItemScreenScale=1.7500

NOTE3; I have seen it said the FOV settings belong in [Display] but haven't had any issue like it is.

Robert

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 21:48 

flyingdingy wrote:

I used this video but I still had to go in & manually change to 5760 as his folder settings did not take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ODDVWEoZuE

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 23:07 

FYI
The new AMD crimson drivers have a problem with displaying the in game compass.
Symptoms: Flickering and the objectives are hard to distinguish, seems to be ok when looking at an NPC or other item with interaction options.

Running 2x Gigabyte R9 290 OC

Image of issue can be seen here:
https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveS ... licker.png

There is a work around here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/?

AMD Hotfix here:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd ... otfix.html

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 04:29 
I Donated
I Donated

The latest nVidia drivers did have an impact on SLI scaling, as my FPS seems to be more consistent. However, I still get really unnecessary FPS dips in areas where it doesn't make any sense. For instance, a little town called Goodneighbor, or the museum in Concord, my FPS dips down to the 30's. Doesn't make sense considering it's not part of the game instance, and how small it is compared to the outside environment. Especially the museum where a very small in-door area gives me 30 FPS. I think at this point it's on Bethesda, and they need to patch the game in order to optimize for SLI.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon, seems like this profile is not properly done, and some people are reporting negative SLI scaling, saying that the bits they where using before the driver update gave them much better performance:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/894480/sli/fallout-4-sli/10/?offset=149#4744469

Looks like Bethesda and nVidia have more work to do.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 05:21 

Amon Amarth wrote:
The latest nVidia drivers did have an impact on SLI scaling, as my FPS seems to be more consistent. However, I still get really unnecessary FPS dips in areas where it doesn't make any sense. For instance, a little town called Goodneighbor, or the museum in Concord, my FPS dips down to the 30's. Doesn't make sense considering it's not part of the game instance, and how small it is compared to the outside environment. Especially the museum where a very small in-door area gives me 30 FPS. I think at this point it's on Bethesda, and they need to patch the game in order to optimize for SLI.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon, seems like this profile is not properly done, and some people are reporting negative SLI scaling, saying that the bits they where using before the driver update gave them much better performance:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/894480/sli/fallout-4-sli/10/?offset=149#4744469

Absolutely,
Like I said earlier I have seen a general improvement in the small drops i have had Not SLI. A couple of questions if I may. first I am on a 780 TI 4 gig have you noticed the last couple of generation GPU's are the ones having the most problems? I was getting ready to buy a 980 and the wife talked me into waiting till after Christmas I would have been livid had i spent the money to get it only to find the 780 was better. :P are the drivers just not catching up with current hardware?

Second, are you running any texture mods in your setups? I only ask because I had downloaded one from the nexus *(well several) but one was causing strange happenings. a simple high res signs texture replacer. In urban areas where there was lots of signs Fallout was chocking up but not on framerate. it was other things like disappearing arms and weapons once my carry weight went up to 3030 from 330 :?: I took it out and all the strangeness went away. I harbor the suspicion that since Bethesda wrote this game Intending to have it modded they started messing around with crap that was just simple and working before. Now we all know poorly made textures can flush the toilet on your game/GPU but these are reasonably well made and not excessive in size. 2k avg on the signs. I don't even want to see it react to a 4k NPC body replacer like is common in skyrim. Anyhow probably not the forum for it but it relates somewhat to you guys discussion.

Robert

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 05:42 
I Donated
I Donated

rdunlap wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Absolutely,
Like I said earlier I have seen a general improvement in the small drops i have had Not SLI. A couple of questions if I may. first I am on a 780 TI 4 gig have you noticed the last couple of generation GPU's are the ones having the most problems? I was getting ready to buy a 980 and the wife talked me into waiting till after Christmas I would have been livid had i spent the money to get it only to find the 780 was better. :P are the drivers just not catching up with current hardware?

Second, are you running any texture mods in your setups? I only ask because I had downloaded one from the nexus *(well several) but one was causing strange happenings. a simple high res signs texture replacer. In urban areas where there was lots of signs Fallout was chocking up but not on framerate. it was other things like disappearing arms and weapons once my carry weight went up to 3030 from 330 :?: I took it out and all the strangeness went away. I harbor the suspicion that since Bethesda wrote this game Intending to have it modded they started messing around with crap that was just simple and working before. Now we all know poorly made textures can flush the toilet on your game/GPU but these are reasonably well made and not excessive in size. 2k avg on the signs. I don't even want to see it react to a 4k NPC body replacer like is common in skyrim. Anyhow probably not the forum for it but it relates somewhat to you guys discussion.

Robert

I've seen reports of a many different setups with problems that are both on the 700 series of video cards and 900 series. Both SLI and non-SLI, which tells me that Fallout 4 is horribly optimized, and they need to patch it. It's like they released a beta...

As for your second question, no texture mods on my end. If your getting problems, you might need to reinstall the game because of the mod.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 77  Next