Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 26 Jan 2021, 19:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 22:13 
Offline
Editors
Editors
User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2011, 18:58
Posts: 2286
Evening.

I'm sure some of you have already played the new Starwars Battlefront? Open Beta is from 8.10.15 till 12.10.15

Sadly it doesn't work that great with Eyefinity :(
FoV is all awesome without any settings, just let it be on 55, but the HUD and everything is displayed on the Left Monitor instead of the Center one..... jep... even the Crosshair ^^


Here some Screenshots.

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_08_22_53_05_488.jpg

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_08_22_53_23_164.jpg

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_08_22_53_51_301.jpg

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_08_22_54_11_091.jpg

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_08_22_54_40_749.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
We gonna send it to outa space!


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 22:15 
Offline
Insiders
Insiders
User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 02:10
Posts: 244
Exact same results here on Eyefinity. The zoom on the left screen is actually pretty hilarious for a change. But, I'm surprised a game based on a recent Battlefield engine has these problems. Sad.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 01:30 
Offline

Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 02:53
Posts: 33
Selecting Windowed Borderless fixes most of the problems but some of the HUD elements appear on left and right screens instead of the middle screen.

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 02:36 
Offline

Joined: 29 May 2014, 13:37
Posts: 4
It happens to me when I'm using key+mouse to control. If I connect my xbox360 controller and get to the game using the controller buttons, the hud is correctly positioned in the center screen when in full screen (so no need for windowed borderless, which kills any xfire/sli if available). Once the level is loaded you can still use mouse and keyboard to play. I actually use a razer hydra.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 07:49 
Offline

Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 12:48
Posts: 4
tapiro wrote:
It happens to me when I'm using key+mouse to control. If I connect my xbox360 controller and get to the game using the controller buttons, the hud is correctly positioned in the center screen when in full screen (so no need for windowed borderless, which kills any xfire/sli if available). Once the level is loaded you can still use mouse and keyboard to play. I actually use a razer hydra.


did you build your own sixense profile for the hydra? I was going to try to use my BF4 one


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 13:00 
Offline
Insiders
Insiders
User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 02:10
Posts: 244
I didn't have any luck with the xbox360 controller method, but windowed borderless is certainly an improvement over fullscreen in Eyefinity.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 14:15 
Offline
Editors
Editors
User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2011, 18:58
Posts: 2286
Jep.... seems like we're gonna play in Borderless Window mode...
Seeing that Crossfire doesn't work anyway that's gonna be okay ~.~ but 35 FPS are horrible... can't play like that :( guess i^ll have to reduce the ultra settings.

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_09_15_10_18_413.jpg



Edit:
BTW it's not perfect, if you open/claim a DropPod the E symbol is still on the left Monitor ^^


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
We gonna send it to outa space!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 19:17 
Offline

Joined: 29 May 2014, 13:37
Posts: 4
msm903 wrote:
tapiro wrote:
It happens to me when I'm using key+mouse to control. If I connect my xbox360 controller and get to the game using the controller buttons, the hud is correctly positioned in the center screen when in full screen (so no need for windowed borderless, which kills any xfire/sli if available). Once the level is loaded you can still use mouse and keyboard to play. I actually use a razer hydra.


did you build your own sixense profile for the hydra? I was going to try to use my BF4 one


I built my own starting from the BF3 one. It's using an akimbo config. I attached it, so you can tinker with it if you like


Bifurk8 wrote:
I didn't have any luck with the xbox360 controller method, but windowed borderless is certainly an improvement over fullscreen in Eyefinity.


After further testing I can tell the xbox 360 controller method only works when in mission mode (I had not tried the multiplayer part at that time yet), although despite being in the center monitor, the zoomed crosshair is incorrectly rendered just like it is when rendered on the left-most screen.
Anyway, I've added an Oculus DK2 to the mix now, so since I'm bound to 1080p resolution, i can use xfire with everything working and displayed in the right place while not bothering about the widescreen issues!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 11:50 
Offline
I Donated
I Donated

Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 04:19
Posts: 513
Haldi wrote:
Jep.... seems like we're gonna play in Borderless Window mode...
Seeing that Crossfire doesn't work anyway that's gonna be okay ~.~ but 35 FPS are horrible... can't play like that :( guess i^ll have to reduce the ultra settings.

Attachment:
starwarsbattlefront_2015_10_09_15_10_18_413.jpg



Edit:
BTW it's not perfect, if you open/claim a DropPod the E symbol is still on the left Monitor ^^


Yeah, I get the same thing. HUD off to the side, and SLI doesn't work when using Borderless Windowed mode. Is Borderless mode the only way to get the hud relatively centered? Anyway to at least have Fullscreen mode on while the crosshair centered?

Side note: The SLI bits in the default StarWars Battlefront SLI profile don't actually work, however using the 0x080116F5 (Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield: Hardline, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare) SLI bits works very well (Not sure if it utilizing full SLI scaling, since nVidia hasn't come up with proper SLI bits for the Beta), at the cost of having the lights in the game flicker about like a strobe light.

Anyone have better SLI bits?


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 19:45 
Offline

Joined: 03 Feb 2011, 12:23
Posts: 22
Good things:
Beautiful graphics
Good toleration of dodgy network connection.

Unacceptable:
Doesn't support widescreen resolutions: 5760 x 1080 - puts the text and the sniper scope overlay on the left screen.
Unacceptable framerate loss at widescreen resolutions: 1920 x 1080 = 200 FPS on ultra. 5760 x 1080 on ultra is 30 FPS - scaling is wrong. Battlefield 4 allows 120 FPS at that resolution.

The drop in framerate being exponential between 1 screen and 3 screens wide is similar to the disaster in Witcher 3. Are the engins related? Is the problem something to do with rendering the wider angle, rather than just rendering more pixels?

Had the hang we used to get on Battlefield where you die, and the respawn screen does not come up. you are just stuck watching the place where you died.

Lobby: unacceptable. The BF3. BF4 system of picking a server and then joining one where you know the people and style of play was fine. Why break it? We don't want to play on servers in Russia!
Inability to use your computer while queueing also a drag.
VOIP - will there be voip?
No voip, no new friends, no long lasting playtime. See BF4 for details.

If anyone knows where I can post this that someone from Dice or EA might see it, please let me know. (Long term BF junkie, feeling a bit cheated by the Battlefront Beta so far. It had the potential to be great. Yet they catered only to the lowest common denominator.)


Top
  
 
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group