Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pharaoh
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - Pharaoh

Pharaoh is based on the same game engine as Caesar III, also by Sierra Entertainment, and operates on the same principles, but has many improvements and exceptions. The game has little AI, relying instead on a high level of micromanagment from the player. All scenario objectives must be met before the next city in a campaign can be used and played. Each mission sets five targets for the city, each being a value on a rating scale. A higher target along the scale represents a higher difficulty level for the city.

There are five rating scales: population, representing simply the number of residents in the city; the culture rating, representing the population's access to city services; the monument rating, which represents monument completion; the prosperity rating, which represents the city's financial success; and the kingdom rating, representing the city's relations with the Pharaoh and other cities in the kingdom.

Post subject: Re: Pharaoh
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015, 18:39 

Hello, I would like to report an issue I'm having here. I've purchased Pharaoh+Cleopatra through GoG and since my computer can easily run a 1080 or a 1440 scrren, I was interest in installing your device to play wider. But, as thourough as I tried to be, there's an error I can't explain. I've reinstalled the game, deleted the original .exe file and replaced it with the 1920*1080 .exe file. When runned, the game starts but shows an error type that gives : "ERR: Building model has incorrect no of lines (258), expected 243. Would you still like to continue ? Yes / No". Either click on yes or no crashes the game... I tried with all of the configurations available for 16:9, but I always had the same issue.
Do you have any idea what this is all about, and what to do to make things run properly ?
Cheers,

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 00:15 

Hey.

You need to use the fix for Cleopatra, since you're technically running the expansion.

Go here and download this instead, it seems to work pretty much the same way:

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/cleopatra-queen-nile/en

I had the exact same problem as you, but this worked fine.
Go into display options and choose the highest resolution.
Then remember to lower gamespeed, because 100% is INSANE

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 18:36 

Wowow !! Much better :D thanks mate !!

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 16:44 
Thank you very much it helped me as well!!!!!!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2017, 16:36 

Hi there! I can confirm that, this hack is working on my 21:9 ultrawide LG monitor.
Native monitor resoluton is 2560x1080px, but none of 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 was working.
Only 1920x1080 allow me to run widescreen and monitor just render it into 21:9 without some obvious deformation or strech.

Attachments:
20170107_163020.jpg
20170107_163020.jpg [ 2.97 MiB | Viewed 7487 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 14:07 

Guys, I am still having real issues here, and I have tried everything. Trying to get this game to work on a modern 64bit Windows 10 laptop.

I have the STEAM Version of P + C, and trid the 'replace .exe.' with the one on WSG - using my laptop#s native 1920 x 1080 resolution. This allows the game to load, but no change to resolution, it is still stuck on 1024 x ???. A youtube video said that the replacement .exe & resolution changed the ''highest'' available resolution in game to your 1920 x 1080 - but this did nothing.

I have tried every combination of compatibility viewer, on both the original & wsg .exe but this did nothing.

Been at this for over an hour & am still struggling!!