Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 May 2024, 06:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 15:33 

This Mod doesn't work for me, i installed it but there is no change, in lotr2 and rtwk :(

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 04:10 
Editors
Editors

Really great job, man!!!! :)

Thank you very much!!! :D

You're welcome! :)

This Mod doesn't work for me, i installed it but there is no change, in lotr2 and rtwk :(

Which Windows version are you running? If you installed the Widescreen mod, do a file search on your computer for WSEmod.big. Is it present on your system? In which directory? If you installed the Triplehead mod search for THEmod.big instead.

The mod installs custom shortcuts in the Start Menu. Did you use those to launch the game? Does the game launch at all?

If you can provide some of the details I can probably get things working for you.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 09:03 

Which Windows version are you running? If you installed the Widescreen mod, do a file search on your computer for WSEmod.big. Is it present on your system? In which directory? If you installed the Triplehead mod search for THEmod.big instead.

The mod installs custom shortcuts in the Start Menu. Did you use those to launch the game? Does the game launch at all?

If you can provide some of the details I can probably get things working for you.

Windows 7 64bit, no it's not present i searched for this file and i wondered why i can't find this file in the bfme2 or RotWK directory, i will search if i'm @ home on the hole computer for that file.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 18:40 

Okey i found the file THEmod.big at C:UsersXXXXAppDataRoamingMy The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files.
I tried Shortcut of Game and the Mod, both doesn't work..

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 19:11 

YEEEESSSS now it works!!!!
i have the german version, so the path to the directory my bfme2 files is different..first i copied the file to the main directory because in the link is standing that the file have to be in the main directory, but that doesn't work, then i copied it to the directory where "my bfme2" files are..don't know why but it works, tanks a lot!! im in love with this mod :o

btw: sorry for the bad english :doh

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 02:07 
Editors
Editors

Glad you got it working and sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Yes, the .big file gets installed in a "My Battle for Middle Earth files..." folder inside the Docs and Settings folder. The installer reads this folder location from the registry, installs the .big file there, and then creates a shortcut in your start menu with the executable's -mod switch to activate the mod. I hadn't thought to ask about a different language version of Windows, but it makes sense that such a difference would be the problem.

I'll add a note to the first post so other foreign-language users can utilize your solution. Thanks for posting the info!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 02:43 

Hello, I can't seemn to get the widescreen Mod working...
I get this error when I try to launch the game with the mod's launcher.
Something like: ' Unknown Field 'ShadowLOD' in block 'StaticGameLOD'

and then a whole lot more of explanation...

Please help,
Regards, Thomas

EDIT: I had to update the game to 1.06... the MOD works fine now and IM IN LOVE WITH IT... I can't see why the designers didn't put the camera where you put it, lol. Good job.
Now I DO have another question. Is it possible to connect with friends using this MOD? Like a LAN connection through hamachi? Or is it strictly single player?
Regards.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 23:25 
Editors
Editors

EDIT: I had to update the game to 1.06... the MOD works fine now and IM IN LOVE WITH IT... I can't see why the designers didn't put the camera where you put it, lol. Good job.
Now I DO have another question. Is it possible to connect with friends using this MOD? Like a LAN connection through hamachi? Or is it strictly single player?
Regards.

Glad to hear it's working for you. Both mods do require the latest official patch for BFMEII or RotWK.

The mods should be fully multiplayer compatible with anyone else also using the same mod. Just tell your friends which one to install and it should work, though I have not tested it personally. Remember there are no gameplay changes besides the camera modification, and if anyone doesn't like the increased fov they can always zoom in to where they like it.

Remember, don't try to connect to regular, non-modded online matches using the mod. Most likely it will just be incompatible, but it could also trigger cheat protection/bans/jealousy/etc.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 21:04 

hi....i got a problem here...i did install the Mod correctly .... the mod works well...but when im going for a Skirmish or a network gameonline my games doesnt detect the maps...it detected the Custom maps(tower defenses,HeroDefense.......) but the classic maps dont, then i did delete the maps from "Maps" on Files... and then it dont detect anything...i did copy the maps from "MapsPreviews" and still do not...what should i do?

ps: i dont use english version of windows
pps: srry i dont talk english very well

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 01:01 
Editors
Editors

hi....i got a problem here...i did install the Mod correctly .... the mod works well...but when im going for a Skirmish or a network gameonline my games doesnt detect the maps...it detected the Custom maps(tower defenses,HeroDefense.......) but the classic maps dont, then i did delete the maps from "Maps" on Files... and then it dont detect anything...i did copy the maps from "MapsPreviews" and still do not...what should i do?

ps: i dont use english version of windows
pps: srry i dont talk english very well

Hey TyphonEdu,

Sorry for the late reply. Since you have a non-English version of Windows I recommend looking at MarQs posts HERE to see how he got the mod working with his German Windows version. If you have tried moving/copying files to different places you may need to start with a fresh install of the game and mod. Also make sure you have the game patched to the latest official version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next