Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 May 2024, 08:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 21:21 

Alright we got the bad screen replaced, here are some shots of the finished setup... sorry about the quality of light these are from my phone and the screens are really bright.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 21:29 

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 21:33 

Hey if you guys have any ideas of cool stuff we can put up there I would love suggestions as the current setup is sorta stock. I was looking at yowindow.com thinking about taking a picture of our corporate office and making a scene with it.

If we end up getting vcenter ops I will have it up on the screen as well.

We need some sort of software that will take the layout as it is and apply it again after a reboot but i'm not sure what we could use to do this.

Thanks for everyones suggestions and help this worked really well once I got eyefinity working and having the 2x2 wall in the top left as a feature is really neat for what we wanted to do with it.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013, 13:54 

Awesome pc box, would make a great htpc setup! If you want to run things full screen (3x3) try using softTH 2.08b (assuming u r using win 7) make sure you have .net 4 and visual c++ updates installed. Then get VLC (install it to C:\VLC so u dont need admin rights to copy/paste/modify) and drop the softTH d3d9.dll file in there, allow it to create a default config (make sure the screens are setup/arranged properly in windows) and set VLC (TOOLS > PREFERENCES > VIDEO TAB > OUTPUT = Direct3D mode / DirectX THEN VIDEO > Set as Wallpaper) so should have full screen TV! test it on an AVI or MKV file but VLC is awesome, if you recorded a presentation in a compatible format you could show it across all screens and still pause / resume as needed.

Just a thought if you want to try it.....