Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Far Cry 3
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 22:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Very nice, Hayden. Yes, far too narrow even at max FOV settings. It almost makes me nauseous. I was hoping to have an easy fix once I found the two FOV-related settings in my GamerProfile.xml.. but no. Lame.

Hope someone gets around to making a FOV fix for us. :) hint hint, yes. But you're clearly on the path, anyway.

But the game itself, if pretty fun. A nice mix of 1 and 2, with other stuff sprinkled in.

Weird that some of you have the incorrect HUD. Are you using newer drivers? I use a HD 7970 and it's been correct right off the bat with both the 12.9 and 12.11 Beta 8 drivers.

Last edited by Abram on 03 Dec 2012, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 23:21 

lance_141 wrote:
Hi guys

can someone tell me what i do wrong.i use 5040x1050 with 110 fov.

the map take half of my left screen way to big it hide mission message too.

how can i reduce it or move it to center like in your screenshot and where do you hack the fov looked in gamer profile no result.

Thanks !

i have this exact problem. annoying the crap outta me. is this fixable?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 23:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Skid wrote:
Check the DR, looks like this has the same issue PlanetSide 2 has, they capped the FoV, that explains why my mind was telling me something was wrong with the how the camera felt.

Looking at the code - it appears that it locks the FOV at 75 Degrees in multi-monitor mode and ignores the FOV slider, it does perform some scaling on this based on aspect ratio, but not nearly enough... if it was 100-110 then scaled it would be perfect... the issue I believe is it ignoring the slider and falling back to a default.

The DR reports it to be Gold certified, this is incorrect, it's not true HOR+ - it's partially HOR+

My modification requires two intrusive code caves (there are other ways to do it, such as a FOV scale factor override (non-intrusive), but not properly and perfectly and including cut-scenes and action sequences) one for the FOV and Weapon FOV and the other for cutscenes and interaction/action sequences, I'm not sure what kind of protection the game has cheat-wise, so long as it's not VAC, we're probably OK on a intrusive hack.

People will probably moan about fisheye at the correct FOV - fisheye is not a issue in Farcry3 because the FOV is WRONG!

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 00:06 
Administrators
Administrators

HaYDeN wrote:
Skid wrote:
Check the DR, looks like this has the same issue PlanetSide 2 has, they capped the FoV, that explains why my mind was telling me something was wrong with the how the camera felt.

Looking at the code - it appears that it locks the FOV at 75 Degrees in multi-monitor mode and ignores the FOV slider, it does perform some scaling on this based on aspect ratio, but not nearly enough... if it was 100-110 then scaled it would be perfect... the issue I believe is it ignoring the slider and falling back to a default.

The DR reports it to be Gold certified, this is incorrect, it's not true HOR+ - it's partially HOR+

My modification requires two intrusive code caves (there are other ways to do it, such as a FOV scale factor override (non-intrusive), but not properly and perfectly and including cut-scenes and action sequences) one for the FOV and Weapon FOV and the other for cutscenes and interaction/action sequences, I'm not sure what kind of protection the game has cheat-wise, so long as it's not VAC, we're probably OK on a intrusive hack.

People will probably moan about fisheye at the correct FOV - fisheye is not a issue in Farcry3 because the FOV is WRONG!

I'm playing on the boxed version is I'm using Uplay rather then stream, I was assuming though that the FoV slider in the options was VFoV rather then HFoV as that would of ended with a reasonable HFoV. But I didn't bother checking on a normal resolution to see if that was the case.

Edit: Also I've updated the DR to reflect this, and down graded it from A to B.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 04:34 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN wrote:
Skid wrote:

Yeah this is exactly what I thought was happening...looking forward to your fix. cheers.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 10:02 

rbuljo wrote:
lance_141 wrote:
Hi guys

can someone tell me what i do wrong.i use 5040x1050 with 110 fov.

the map take half of my left screen way to big it hide mission message too.

how can i reduce it or move it to center like in your screenshot and where do you hack the fov looked in gamer profile no result.

Thanks !

i have this exact problem. annoying the crap outta me. is this fixable?

Wanna queue up for a fix, i also got the same problem (Video quality is set to ultra presset @5040x1050):
http://picload.org/view/dpdwpcl/farcry3 ... 0.png.html
http://picload.org/view/dpdwpic/farcry3 ... 0.png.html

Actually i wonder how you guys from WSGF tested the game successfully on this resolution O.o

When will be a fix available? I'm about to puke i payed money for another "gaming evolved" game running like crap. Btw i just did a clean install of the "perfomance" driver by AMD (CCC12.11 Beta 11 + CAP): Performance doesn't improve but it's stuttering like 15FPS now even at 60FPS.

Finally the game isn't playable for me atm :-(

Really great work AMD and Ubisoft did this time :clap:

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 16:59 
Insiders
Insiders

What do you expect running 4x MSAA, silly? I notice you can adjust the FOV in the menu. My triplescreen works and looks fine, but the FOV slider is grayed out for me, and have to edit the .xml.

Patch 1.02 release, and it's a very shitty "list" of fixes:

Quote:
Hi everyone. We have released a new patch for FarCry 3 today. See the patch notes below.
To download the patch, all you have to do is restart the game.
----------------------------------------------
Release note – Patch 1.02

Multiplayer fixes for the patch:

PVP:
- Fixed some issues with user created maps when more than 8 players were playing them.
- Improved matchmaking for both Multiplayer and Co-op modes.
- Improved team balancing when playing in party.
- Fixed issues with Live balancing patch system.

Map Editor:
- Fix for the Map Editor crash at launch when the PC user contains language-specific characters.

Single Player fixes for the patch:

- Fixed issue where players fall through the world when not connected to the Ubisoft servers.
- Fixed the "View Leaderboard" and "Start Trial" buttons in the World Map.
- Improved stability when quitting to desktop.
- Fixed issue with leaderboards.

have to start going to the Ubisoft forums and bug them about it, i guess.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 17:40 

running 4xMSAA performs on my rig with average 40FPS and apears barely smooth.

After installing the new driver perfomance ramains the same at similar FPS but APEARS stuttering like 15FPS. Disabling MSAA completely gains a perfomance boost up to 60FPS but still APEARS like 15FPS.

Actually found a working solution for my performance problem, uninstalling the new CAP and run only the driver resolved the stuttering issues for me. But as long there's no fix for my HUD this isn't very helpful as the game remains barely unplayable^^

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 19:42 

any ETA on the FOV fix Hayden?

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 19:44 

I'm stuck with same HUD problem.

Running on 2x 7970 crossfire and ignoring HUD issue, getting approx 40-70 fps, pretty stable and not so much stuttering.
Right now because of HUD issue playing with letter box mode on, which push back image to 1920 resolution, two side monitors are empty and running with fps of approx 80-100fps, plus minus 10 or 20 depending on situation.

Now if we could just get that HUD fixed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next