Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 06:26 

Hey guys!

New member, long time lurker.

Wanted to give back to the WSGF a bit so I made a video on the star wars battlefront beta (i know it's slightly dated but this is the soonest i could get the video edited!).

Hope you enjoy, i'll be producing more content in the near future. I have plans for a fallout 4 performance review + tweaking guide for 21:9, a how to for flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer (because those guys are absolute champs), linux on ultrawide, my experience with ultrawide so far and a few others.

Let me know if theres anything you think i could improve on and thanks for watching :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFUuD4ha9g

TLDR for those not interested in watching the video, it's fine for 3440x1440 and anything around a 980+ will be fine for 55 avg fps on ultra. It's playable on a 770 with medium/low settings.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 06:37 

Awesome video I've got a 3440x1440 monitor coming in the mail and I wondered if my 970 would be able to run the native resolution or I'd have to knock it down to 2560x1080, looks like at least for Star Wars Battlefront the 970 will be good enough for the full resolution.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 06:56 

I had a 970 prior to the 980. I found it just a little bit lacking as I was trying to play really stressful games (crysis 3, witcher 2 etc) cranked up but if you're willing to spend some time tinkering with settings and you're willing to compromise (ie you're not a graphics whore like I am and try to have everything max) you'll be absolutely fine at 3440x1440 with a mix of medium to high depending on what you're doing :) Also go easy on the god rays, my god do they kill performance but they're oh so pretty.