Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Which game is most deserving of the Game of the Year 2013 award?
Poll ended at 28 Jan 2014, 10:00
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Battlefield 4 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Cities in Motion 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dead Space 3 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
DmC: Devil May Cry 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Don't Starve 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
GRID 2 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Metro: Last Light 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
Monaco 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Neverwinter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Papa & Yo 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Shadow Warrior 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
SimCity 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 27
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 10:00 
Administrators
Administrators

The following games have achieved gold for widescreen, ultra-widescreen, and multi-monitor implementation and are our contenders for the 2013 WSGF Game Of The Year award.

Which game excited you the most? Which game made excellent use of its widescreen or multi-monitor support? Which game sticks in your mind as the one most deserving of the title this year?

Please have your say so we can reward the developer of the game and encourage the industry to continue to support our community!

:cheers:

Game of the Year contenders
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition

Battlefield 4

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Cities in Motion 2

Dead Space 3

DmC: Devil May Cry

Don't Starve

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

GRID 2

Metro: Last Light

Monaco

Neverwinter

Papa & Yo

Shadow Warrior

SimCity

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 14:30 
Administrators
Administrators

My vote goes to DmC, I flat out never expected that game to have any multi-monitor support at all, but despite an issue on release that they fixed in 3 days it has really good support. Plus the game is fun, so for them reasons it gets my vote.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 15:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Wow, this list is super hard to pick from. I'm hearing Skid, and having just finished DmC, it's definitely up there.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 17:00 
Editors
Editors

Shadow Warrior.
By far the best solo FPS and swordfighting game of the year. Pretending it's a reboot was a mistake and apparently kept many gamers away from it...

About BF4: I wish I could downvote. Sure, it's Hor+ and successful. But Dice keeps locking the VFOV to a stupidly low value in the singleplayer part of their games and IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE :evil:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 21:22 
Administrators
Administrators

I wish I could downvote SimCity, although not because of the multimonitor support which is fine but because of all the other problems like losing cities and connection issues.

Sounds like I have a few games to buy based on some comments here on games I haven't had the chance to play yet! :cheers:

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 21:31 
Insiders
Insiders

AussieTimmeh wrote:
I wish I could downvote SimCity, although not because of the multimonitor support which is fine but because of all the other problems like losing cities and connection issues.

Sounds like I have a few games to buy based on some comments here on games I haven't had the chance to play yet! :cheers:

It's funny cause I got back into Simcity recently with the new DLC Cities of tomorrow and I was instantly addicted again - this time there's no drama's with connections etc.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 21:37 
Administrators
Administrators

Toothless Spoon wrote:

It's funny cause I got back into Simcity recently with the new DLC Cities of tomorrow and I was instantly addicted again - this time there's no drama's with connections etc.

Yeah, sort of. I just updated the DR the other day and every time I chose non-standard resolutions for screenshots, I would lose connection to the servers which meant I couldn't navigate to my city etc. I had to change back to default resolution, quit out of SimCity, restart SimCity, navigate to where I wanted again, change to the resolution I was testing, then take the screenshot.

If you check out the DR, you'll see the 21:9 screenshot says Disconnected in the top left.

Why the hell would changing the resolution cause the game to disconnect! So I wouldn't say it's all solved, but at least using the same resolution as my desktop, it was working.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 19:40 

Too many of those games lack movable/customizable UI's... Even if they scored gold in multi-monitor, they're not really worthy of a WSGF GOTY title imo.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 22:07 
Administrators
Administrators

aolsen wrote:
Too many of those games lack movable/customizable UI's... Even if they scored gold in multi-monitor, they're not really worthy of a WSGF GOTY title imo.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So which games are worthy in your opinion?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 21:58 

AussieTimmeh wrote:
aolsen wrote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. So which games are worthy in your opinion?

I didn't mean to sound all bitchy, I guess I just feel that there's not enough attention from the game developers towards the Eyefinity/Surround players. We're a minority still I suppose.
I don't know about games for 2013 - sure it's awesome when they actually support MM out of the box, UI and everything, but the real heroes in my book are dudes like dopefish, Helifax and Hayden - and of course the WSFG team, so it was nice to see the Steam gifts for all of those guys in December ;)

I haven't tried DmC yet, so I'll have to check that out. Looks interesting!

Edit: Oh, and ended up giving Metro: LL my vote. IIRC it had very decent support for MM.