Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 07 May 2021, 11:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 23:26 

May Google lead someone here who needs this.

Change V-card and Turok won't run. Gives me a general protection fault. Tried all the listed fixes, nothing.

Remembered game ran once after I switched V-card, I changed game settings, and then GPF time. So I deleted settings data in Documents and Settings...nada.

Reinstalled game and it worked! I then changed settings and...nada. So what setting was causing it? Why didn't it run when I deleted the setting files?

Because I missed some.

Went to "TurokTurokGameConfigTurokEngine.ini" and found my resolution.

StartupResolutionX=1920
StartupResolutionY=1200

Changed it back to 1024x768 default and it worked! Hmmmm.

Tried 1920x1080...worked. Tried 1600x1200...worked. Tried 1920x1200...GPF. Hmmmm.

I then remembered I was lazy and didn't enable refresh rate overrides in the NVIDIA CP (I run 1920x1200 at 85 Hz). I had used RefreshForce.

Disabled 1920x1200 in RefreshForce and it worked...at 60Hz. Crossed my fingers and used the refresh rate override in NVIDIA CP and...success!

Maybe this will help someone. I feel potent right now.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 23:07 

Really, I don't understand what you did. I have the general protection fault and i have reinstalled it about five times and it does nothing, still the general protection fault. I truly don't understand what you did to make it work but frankly, I'm very pissed that the game still not works. So can someone please help me I really don't want to make it a 60$ coaster.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 03:35 

Really, I don't understand what you did. I have the general protection fault and i have reinstalled it about five times and it does nothing, still the general protection fault. I truly don't understand what you did to make it work but frankly, I'm very pissed that the game still not works. So can someone please help me I really don't want to make it a 60$ coaster.

I second this.

No matter how many times I reinstall, same GPF.

No matter if i disable DEP or change compatibility settings, same thing.

Even using the "no-disc" option, nada.

Using AMD/ATI if that makes any difference.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 01:09 

The GPF occurs for multiple reasons. I just listed another one that affected my system and game.

So other then trying the other fixes like the PhysX download and the VB 2008 package, I gots no answers for you.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 22:42 

Thank you I found the problem though, I need a new video card... but thanks anyways!! :D

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 19:49 

This is a problem with older games that use PhysX. Here's the fix.

One off installation and game should then run fine.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-legacy-driver.html

:mrgreen:

[ 6 posts ]