Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 144  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2006, 22:37 

"]framerateuk, just outta curosity. On your 2405, do you have anything going through component on it? Cause I wanna know if it's only my PS2 that puts out these odd vertical lines through componant. Using S-Video it's not there, but obviously it's less clear.

I'd imagine though since you've got a 360 you've got the VGA cables for it (they make it look so good). But was thinking MAYBE you had componant cause you got the better bundled system (Which comes with componant).

Lemme know :)

p.s. what external sound device is that under your 360 controller?

I did use component, and had a pretty good picture from it (take a look at the "Comfirmed! 2405 FPW HD-Component input for Xbox 360! :D" in the "Technical Support: Closed Tickets"section. But now i use the VGA adapter as the monitor does a better job of scaling the image, and the jaggies are less visible.

I didnt have any issues with vertical lines or anything, i havent tried it with anything else though, ive got a gamecube component cable on the way (although it looks like its lost in the post...) so ill report back when i find out if that works!

The sound device is an M-Audio Firewire 410. Its a dedicated recording card, good quality too, strictly for recording only though, it causes games to crash as the drivers arent designed for that sort of thing!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2006, 00:14 
Editors
Editors

I did use component, and had a pretty good picture from it (take a look at the "Comfirmed! 2405 FPW HD-Component input for Xbox 360! Very Happy" in the "Technical Support: Closed Tickets"section. But now i use the VGA adapter as the monitor does a better job of scaling the image, and the jaggies are less visible.

I gotta try that VGA ... :shock: :D ... I can't cope with the jaggies from component

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2006, 02:40 

Hmm, maybe my monitor is defective? Hehe... Or my PS2 cables? Grr...

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2006, 20:55 

I did use component, and had a pretty good picture from it (take a look at the "Comfirmed! 2405 FPW HD-Component input for Xbox 360! Very Happy" in the "Technical Support: Closed Tickets"section. But now i use the VGA adapter as the monitor does a better job of scaling the image, and the jaggies are less visible.

I gotta try that VGA ... :shock: :D ... I can't cope with the jaggies from component

Its deffinately worth getting, although the colour needs some tweaking (i havent got it perfect yet).

It scales much more like a pc res does.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006, 02:33 

"]Hmm, maybe my monitor is defective? Hehe... Or my PS2 cables? Grr...

i have monster cable component cable's for my xbox 180 and in games i don't notice the vertical lines, but when i pop in a dvd i sure do.

like vertical "pinkish" lines or bars... not very noticeable but they are there

i also have monster's s-video cables for my ps2 and that doesn't show a thing

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006, 21:37 
Founder
Founder

Nice guitar gear framerateuk.

I just picked up the Line6 TonePort UX2, and an M-Audio Nova mic. to record with.

I'm going to use them for the WSGF Podcast I hope to do soon. And, since I don't have an amp anymore, it will let me play my Ovation Deacon again.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006, 22:10 
Editors
Editors

WSGF Podcast.... :D

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006, 22:15 

Figure if its a first post, may as well show my nest. Not a WSG yet, but new upgrades are going to come in a few months, so i might be in the future, anyway, here's my current setup.

What's inside the case is a different story, its about 3 year old, but top of the line technology in there.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006, 22:20 
Founder
Founder

WSGF Podcast.... :D

Did I say that in my outside voice?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2006, 06:16 

Here is mine, being conceived :wink: Sorry about the crappy quality, I had to use my camera phone since my digicam was stolen.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 144  Next