Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 144  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 09:58 

Nice setups guys...I've not noticed this thread before, but it immediately made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzOhJ3mR8U

Mine's in a log cabin rather than a basement, so I think I'm ok.

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 08:46 

Here is my command center.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 22:06 

Not sure if I've posted this in the Command Centre thread:

3 Optoma GT720 projectors @ 120Hz projecting onto 3 flat surfaces (36" diagonal each)

Post subject: .
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 02:43 

Attached files

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2012, 17:27 

cool.. very cool
whats the picture quality like on the projectors?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2012, 19:03 
Editors
Editors

nice Chair, so... where is the Wheel?^^

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2012, 19:12 

thanks
its in the box under the table
i only get it out when i want to use it as it takes up too much space
im currently making plans to make a stand/table for the wheel with the offcut of hardwood that i have left over

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2012, 20:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Very nice setup. Props for building it yourself. The chair looks nice. Where did you buy it?

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012, 09:05 

hey ,
thought id post mine as ive had abit of an overhaul
ive moved into my new house about 2months ago, and i decided that i wanted to make my very own command center/games room
now im a welder/fabricator by trade so i knew that i could make alot of the stuff i wanted myself, so the first thing i wanted was a proper full size desktop that went from
one side of my room to the other about 2.44 meters. i decided to go with 30x30 box section brushed stainless steel so i measured up and built and welded a solid table frame. with 3 supporting crossmembers and 5 legs
one leg on each corner and on smack in the middle for added strength.i used 2x 6 meter lengths that came to about £60 which wasnt bad.
so next was the table surface after alot of searching i wanted to go for a solid wood worktop, didnt really like that mdf type stuff so
in the end i went for 40mm thick solid beech it came in 3m length and was 720mm deep, this wasnt cheap either cost me with del £150 and boy was it heavy, it felt like solid metal lol
i cut it down to size , sanded it down and applied several coats of hard wood laquer/varnish and was pleased with the end result. after struggling upstairs with the wood
i finaly got it ontop of my table and screwed it securley down,
the table frame was a nightmare to get into the room aswell i only gave it 15mm clearance either side of the door frames so i knew it was going to be close

next i wanted to upgrade my sound system so i did abit of research and found some studio monitor speakers audioengine active for £200
then i realised that i needed to make some stands for them so i made some stands at work and had them powdercoated white to match the speakers
i also drilled holes in the back of the stands so i could feed wires neatly up in the stand and out of view.

then came my 3 23" monitors i wanted to debezel them but was unsure on
1 what they would look like
2 would it be to fidely

in the end i decided to just do it and debezel them all, but that had its own problems
1 i would have to make new stands as they stand was part of the casing
2 the on/off controls were left dangling when removing the outta case
i made some new stands at work altho it took me two goes to get them right as the 1st stands i did didnt quite work out
i also wanted something infront of my monitors that looked smart, covered all the wires and raised the monitors up more to my eye level
again i decided to go with brushed stainless steel plate to match the table , i did do a test version just out of mild steel first to make sure it would work
but it was ok in the end. i wanted to add a little extra touch so i added some lettering aswell ,and some cut outs for the on/off control panels,
as we have use of laser cutting machines at work too as well as pressbrakes for bending
and powdercoating for painting
i dont use those other departments i just stay on my welding section, but if theres anything i need them to do they can do it for me when the gaffer aint looking
just as long as i do the same for them.
i didnt know wether to have lighting behind the lettering eg perspex with red/blue leds
but at this point i was getting lazy and didnt want the hassle so i went with luminous red vinyl
so i hope you like the 90% finished command center

sorry about the poor pic quality was using my xperia play camera

thanks

Attached files

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012, 09:07 

Cheers mate
I got the chair off ebay
For about £120 delivered
i thought that was quite expensive until i started to look as some executive office chairs
that go from £400-900
Its just on wheels like an office chair but obviously bucket seat
Comes in different colours too
Ive also got a sub woofer on order also from audio engine the s8
Its also in white to match the 2 monitors speakers
Should arrive on Monday that was £300
Just lucky I've got plenty of overtime at work

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 144  Next