Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 00:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 12:26 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
awesome work guys, waiting for someone to release a fixed EXE

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 12:35 
Offline

Joined: 16 Nov 2018, 21:02
Posts: 16
AlRayes_BRN wrote:
awesome work guys, waiting for someone to release a fixed EXE

The exe file is about 500mb in size, so probably no one will bother uploading a fixed one. Just edit it yourself, but the fix aint perfect just yet. You cant see your own HP bar, red orbs or the boss's HP bar on 3440x1440 resolution. Plus the fov is busted.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 12:54 
Offline

Joined: 28 Apr 2016, 11:09
Posts: 5
I don't understand, re2 works fine why capcom doesn't do the same with this game?
Waiting for someone to fix the hud to play a game that i alredy own.
Thanks capcom!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 13:25 
Offline

Joined: 08 Mar 2019, 13:14
Posts: 2
Evil_Raven wrote:
I got rid of the black bars, but fov is not correct :cry:
Spoiler:
Image

6E 4000 00 80 41 C3 F5 38

32:9 00 00 00 42
21:9 00 00 AC 41


You can show how to change manually, for 2560x1080 resolution?

It is that for each update the code is lost, and it does not make sense to download an executable. Thank you.

:savews:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 13:29 
Offline

Joined: 16 Nov 2018, 21:02
Posts: 16
Rincenwing wrote:
Evil_Raven wrote:
I got rid of the black bars, but fov is not correct :cry:
Spoiler:
Image

6E 4000 00 80 41 C3 F5 38

32:9 00 00 00 42
21:9 00 00 AC 41


You can show how to change manually, for 2560x1080 resolution?

It is that for each update the code is lost, and it does not make sense to download an executable. Thank you.

:savews:

For 2560x1080:
1. Open DevilMayCry5.exe in a Hex Editor, like HxD
2. Press Crtl+R, select Hex-values, Search for: 6E 40 00 00 80 41 C3 F5 38, Replace with: 6E 40 00 00 AB 41 C3 F5 38, Search direction: All
3. Click Replace all
4. Save and close.
5. In-Game set the Camera Distance setting located in Game Options to Max.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 13:36 
Offline

Joined: 08 Mar 2019, 13:14
Posts: 2
Anthraksi wrote:
Rincenwing wrote:
Evil_Raven wrote:
I got rid of the black bars, but fov is not correct :cry:
Spoiler:
Image

6E 4000 00 80 41 C3 F5 38

32:9 00 00 00 42
21:9 00 00 AC 41


You can show how to change manually, for 2560x1080 resolution?

It is that for each update the code is lost, and it does not make sense to download an executable. Thank you.

:savews:

For 2560x1080:
1. Open DevilMayCry5.exe in a Hex Editor, like HxD
2. Press Crtl+R, select Hex-values, Search for: 6E 40 00 00 80 41 C3 F5 38, Replace with: 6E 40 00 00 AB 41 C3 F5 38, Search direction: All
3. Click Replace all
4. Save and close.
5. In-Game set the Camera Distance setting located in Game Options to Max.


It works perfect.

Thank you so much partner, I can assure you that you have made my day. Greetings and thank you very much. :cheers:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 15:03 
Offline

Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 13:19
Posts: 8
bump on this, interested if someone can please show the hex values for 3840x1600 as well

edit*

https://steamcommunity.com/app/601150/d ... 728/?ctp=6

This steam links shows hex edits for most resolutions. Now just the HUD and maybe fov left


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 15:17 
Offline

Joined: 16 Nov 2018, 21:02
Posts: 16
HUD, menus and FOV. Cutscenes are zoomed too, but fixing the FOV should fix them also. Basically we just need to find a way to make the game hor+ instead of vert-, then every single problem of these go away. But since its currently zoomed in, it will be a problem.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 15:23 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
Hopefully @jackfuste could help us with this

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019, 15:35 
Offline
Insiders
Insiders
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 16:03
Posts: 521
Evil_Raven wrote:
00 00 80 41 = 00 00 00 42

Even if this helps to remove black bars, this is very "dirty" fix, because constant 00 00 80 41 is used in various functions, so changing it can break the game logic.
Evil_Raven wrote:
who can fix FOV, HUD and cutscenes, I can't ? =(

FOV and HUD fixed, but I need some time to solve bugs.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
  
 
 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group