Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 00:03 

nice thanks for vignette fix

Attachments:
re2_2019_02_03_06_02_32_298.png
re2_2019_02_03_06_02_32_298.png [ 928.2 KiB | Viewed 2847 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 00:13 
Insiders
Insiders

@esteady1:
Much appreciated! And big thank you for the feedback!
What resolution are you running at since? The UI shouldn't be stretched at all. Can you please show me a screenshot (or more) with the problems you are encountering?
Disabling the Cinematic black bars can be done in reverse;) I can add them back :)
For MHW, I definitely want to revisit that fix (I learned quite a few things while making this fix for RE2 and I certain I can apply and improve that game as well!)

@ALL:
There is currently a bug that prevents 3DMigoto to work with Reshade (tested from 3.x to 4.1.1). I can't give an ETA for when this will be addressed, but I hope soon :)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 00:18 
Insiders
Insiders

susahamat wrote:
nice thanks for vignette fix

Awesome! I am really glad that it works! And I want also to thank you for all the marvelous fixes you have done so far! :rockout:

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated the fix:
- When pressing F11 will now disable the Black Bars removal during cinematics (as requested).

Same link from Page 9.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:10 

hey helifax when using your fix, it seem the 3dsettings feature Pre rendered frames in Nvidia Control Panel silently changed to 1 . it is normal ??

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes,
That is correct. It's assigned for this profile alone though (re2-3DMigoto)
If you don't want it (It's required for Stereo3D normally) you can open d3dx.ini and look for it under the [Profile] section. You can disable it from there.
You can then put it back to default (using Nvidia Inspector) and 3DMigoto wrapper will not override it.
In this game it makes no difference though from what I've seen :)

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:44 

Helifax,

The majority of the UI is working as intended. But just like in MHW, when a 2D icon crosses the bezel, it stretches. So in MHW, these were the icons identifying points of interest, like the names of surrounding NPCs.

In RE2, its the icons in the environment that signify a point of interaction, so the black icon with the arrow indicating "look here for action prompt."

I will try to post a pic, but I saw you were on just now, so sent this quick

I play in triples, 5888x1080 bezel corrected.

Also, can I please ask that the UI fix and Cutscene fix get mapped to different keys?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:50 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
Helifax,

The majority of the UI is working as intended. But just like in MHW, when a 2D icon crosses the bezel, it stretches. So in MHW, these were the icons identifying points of interest, like the names of surrounding NPCs.

In RE2, its the icons in the environment that signify a point of interaction, so the black icon with the arrow indicating "look here for action prompt."

I will try to post a pic, but I saw you were on just now, so sent this quick

I play in triples, 5888x1080 bezel corrected.

Also, can I please ask that the UI fix and Cutscene fix get mapped to different keys?

Awesome! I know understand what you are referring to! ( I thought I fixed this issue, but clearly not ^_^)
Sure, I can add a different key for the Cinematics. I was wondering if SHIFT+F11 would be ok? (So we keep everything related to the F11 key? or would a completely different key be better?)

Cheers!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 03:02 

God damn - this is groundbreaking work. No idea what 3DMigoto is or how it works with RE2 - but I LOVE the fact I didn't have to alter the .exe to remove black bars.....would these config files be needing updates if the re2.exe ever gets updated?

NO Vignetting and no grey inversion bugs? Seriously? Legendary man!

Thanks helifax. You're legend! I really wish I have the money to donate but currently I'm broke. :( Give me time though hehe

Might I request: in-game sharpening removal? Thanks!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 03:20 

Well, I managed to get this plus ReShade working together by downloading an older version of 3Dmigoto (1.2.73) and using the d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dx.ini from that instead. I'm only using a 16:9 monitor, so all I can confirm is that the vignette removal is working as intended. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next