Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 20:34 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
I noticed something else that may help trouble shooting. In the map, zoom in all they way, and similar bug occurs with stretching of the arrow icons, in addition to other strange effects. May be an easy way to test changes if indeed it is related to the target issue.

Yes, I know about the map and that annoys me as well. Haven't looked too much into it, but I am planning on doing so :)
And you are correct, that now that happens in the upper part of the screen (You will see this in basically 2 areas in the game from what I noticed).
For this I currently don't have a better solution in place. The game uses 1 texture for all button prompts (in-game and in-menu), hence this problem where I need to move them in the menu, but not the game. But, since is the same texture, is hard to find what the Texcoords are for each and individual icon. I do know about a way to fix it, but is not an easy fix ;) I will check it out a bit later:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 02:46 

helifax wrote:
Here is a version based on 3DMigoto 1.2.73 that allows RESHADE + 3DMigoto to work together:

http://www.3dsurroundgaming.com/GamePat ... 1.2.73.rar

Huh. Even with this, my game crashes with ReShade. When I remove these files, the game launches again. Using ReShade 4.1.1.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 03:52 

latest reshade 4.1.1 works fine here , no CTD

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 15:55 

I guess I'm just boned. I don't understand it. I grabbed the one that's supposed to work with ReShade but my game just won't launch while that fix is in the folder.

Damn :(

Thanks for all your efforts though. The sharpening removal and cut scene fix by jackfuste is working for me.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 16:31 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
esteady1 wrote:

Hey I found a problem with your vignette fix. Using 3DMigito causes severe frame pacing issues with the game. Is there anyway to fix that? Also it causes some weird shit with the Nvidia drivers where "Pre rendered frames" forces itself to "1" no matter how many times I change it.

Edit: Forced pre rendered frames issue can be solved by editing the ini file as shown by this user: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 1/#5982941

It does minimzie the stutters. But there are still stutters. So the problem is not completely solved.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 20:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Max pre-rendered frames makes no difference either if is 1,2,3 or 4, makes no difference in RE Engine based games.
As for stutters, I see no stutters and I play this game both on my Surround desktop and on my laptop (with a Kepler 880M).

I think your problem lies elsewhere...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 07:54 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Max pre-rendered frames makes no difference either if is 1,2,3 or 4, makes no difference in RE Engine based games.
As for stutters, I see no stutters and I play this game both on my Surround desktop and on my laptop (with a Kepler 880M).

I think your problem lies elsewhere...

You can see the stutters if you use the ingame 30 FPS lock when using 3DMigoto.

Without it, the ingame 30 fps lock barely stutters.

Ingame 60 FPS lock also stuttered unless I used Vsync on and ran at 60Hz.

Pre rendered frames did make some difference. Like when it was set to 1, locking the framerate to 45 fps caused severe stutters. Setting it to default for some reason reduced the stutters.

Have you tried the ingame 30 fps lock? Also locking the framerate to 40 FPS with RTSS ended up with severe stutters when the fix was applied. All these stutters go away if I remove 3dmigoto fix.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 22:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I see no stutters, like I said. There is absolutely zero difference with the fix or without the fix. I can lock the FPS to 5 and there are no stutters. Clearly you have some issues somewhere on your system.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.
I think is better for you just to uninstall this fix and be happy :)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2019, 08:22 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
I see no stutters, like I said. There is absolutely zero difference with the fix or without the fix. I can lock the FPS to 5 and there are no stutters. Clearly you have some issues somewhere on your system.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.
I think is better for you just to uninstall this fix and be happy :)

Well I was hoping there was something I could do to prevent the stutters but if you want me to just uninstall the fix, then okay...

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 20:59 

helifax wrote:

What it does:

[Surround/Eyefinity]
- Centres the UI for Surround/Eyefinity users (Monitor count >=2)
- Removes the Cinematic Black borders in Surround/Eyefinity.
- Videos and Concept Art and etc confined to the centre screen.
- Swap between centred UI and default UI by pressing F11 (is enabled by default).

[All Resolutions]
- Tweaks the Vignette so is not visible. (Just removing it, creates a colour inversion bug).
- Removes the Blackbars in cinematics. (I believe it should work at 21:9 aspect ratios as well).

What it doesn't do:
- It doesn't change the UI at 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9 resolutions.
- It doesn't change the Rendering Viewport. Meaning, if you get black bars at 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratios, you still get them! The whole game was made for 16:9 based resolutions.

- DirectX11 ONLY!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/GamePatches ... L_2_UI.rar

- Copy the content next to RE2.exe.
- For Surround/Eyefinity apply the HEX EDIT for FOV by Jackfuste:
"or using Hex-editor replace the following bytes in re2.exe:
FD FF A7 3F 00 00 00 00 => FD FF A7 40 00 00 00 00"

Done using 3DMigoto wrapper:https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto

Enjoy!

Hey helifax, thank you for making a mod that removes vignette but doesn't have the inverted colors bug! And works with reshade!

I made an account to ask if it's possible to make this work with the First Person mod by Praydog? https://github.com/praydog/RE2-Mod-Framework
When i have both installed, the First Person mod stops working, but yours still work. First Person mod also has an option to disable vignette, but then it has the inverted colors bug.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next