Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 10:11 
I Donated
I Donated

Awesome fix! Thanks heli. Hoping for DX12.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 10:50 

admiraltennek wrote:
I never tried using the modified d3dx.ini with the older dll's. It'll probably work just fine, though I'll leave it up to Helifax to affirm that, as I'm by no means an expert on these things. :P

Another dumb question hoping someone has an answer to, but I noticed that when the game starts, there's this beeping sound. Tried it both ways, using Helifax's d3dx and bringing it in from 1.2.73 and modifying it, seems to be the same. Is there a way to disable it? If not, then that's fine, fairly minor thing.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 10:57 
Insiders
Insiders

TheWitcher wrote:
Seems that 3dsurround site is being weird.

Use a download manager..may work. Otherwise im sure helifax will reup it. sorry i cant. im at my friends house now

Looks like it worked using Microsoft Edge. Huh Edge isn't as useless as I thought lol.

Anyway, it seems like Helifax's fix work well with RE2. The vignette is gone without screwing up the lighting, which is a good thing. This fix doesn't remove letterbox on 16:10 and 4:3 though.

But that can be solved too by using the old fix for the demo.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 11:05 

Pressed zero on the numpad when using Helifax's fix and this came up. What is it?

Attachments:
20190203113232_1.jpg
20190203113232_1.jpg [ 406.86 KiB | Viewed 2782 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 13:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Mechanical.Paladin wrote:
Pressed zero on the numpad when using Helifax's fix and this came up. What is it?

That is the UI for the wrapper used for hunting the shaders.
I have disabled it and re-uploaded the fix.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 14:28 

I've tried helifax's fix, vignette is solved, unfortunately the UI is still not centered tried with F11 but nothing changes, any advice?
my resolution is 6000x1080

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 17:26 

Hi helifax, black bars still show for couple of frames when you enter a cutscene.

i can confirm this issue

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 18:54 
Insiders
Insiders

susahamat wrote:
Hi helifax, black bars still show for couple of frames when you enter a cutscene.

i can confirm this issue

Nothing that can be done about it currently, unless you want to make all the UI fully transparent.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 18:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Hobe wrote:
I've tried helifax's fix, vignette is solved, unfortunately the UI is still not centered tried with F11 but nothing changes, any advice?

Make sure you are trying it with a CLEAN EXE ONLY WITH THE FOV fix and not any of the other HEX edits - which break the rendering.
NVM, I found a bug with bezel corrected resolutions. Working on it.
Also, it seems that if you have a cracked version of the game, this might not work, since the hacks/cracks whatver, prevent the d3d11 hooking.
SO... have a legit STEAM version!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 19:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Hobe wrote:

If you are using FAKE fullscreen (Borderless Window) make sure your WINDOWS DESKTOP resolution == Game Resolution.
In your case make both windows and the game run at 6000x1080.

OR
Use Windowed mode or Fullscreen mode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next