Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 03:53 

admiraltennek wrote:
Well, I managed to get this plus ReShade working together by downloading an older version of 3Dmigoto (1.2.73) and using the d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dx.ini from that instead. I'm only using a 16:9 monitor, so all I can confirm is that the vignette removal is working as intended. :thumbup:

When I try to do this, my game starts up with an on screen display/gui showing Stereo Disabled and a bunch of text like (V/V: 0, etc) in green on the top. Not familiar with 3DMigito so not sure how to turn it off.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 04:01 

BaconKnight wrote:
admiraltennek wrote:
Well, I managed to get this plus ReShade working together by downloading an older version of 3Dmigoto (1.2.73) and using the d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46.dll and d3dx.ini from that instead. I'm only using a 16:9 monitor, so all I can confirm is that the vignette removal is working as intended. :thumbup:

When I try to do this, my game starts up with an on screen display/gui showing Stereo Disabled and a bunch of text like (V/V: 0, etc) in green on the top. Not familiar with 3DMigito so not sure how to turn it off.

Open d3dx.ini and search for "hunting=" (without quotes) and change the 1 next to it to 2. Alternatively, you can just press 0 on your numpad to make the overlay go away. I'd also recommend disabling all the logging options at the top of the file (change the 1's to 0's), as having these enabled resulted in a very large log file in my game folder.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 04:10 

Hey Admiral, thanks for tips, though I tried just copying over Helifax's d3dx.ini file (while still moving the D3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46.dll from 1.2.73) and that seemed to work, along with working with Reshade. Think that should be good?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 04:20 

I never tried using the modified d3dx.ini with the older dll's. It'll probably work just fine, though I'll leave it up to Helifax to affirm that, as I'm by no means an expert on these things. :P

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 04:52 

admiraltennek wrote:

Interesting, I'm not big on ReShade as much as I should - had done it for Skyrim and W3 but I may try it for this - sidenote Q: what are shading benefits of reshade for this game in particular?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 05:37 

TheWitcher wrote:
admiraltennek wrote:

Interesting, I'm not big on ReShade as much as I should - had done it for Skyrim and W3 but I may try it for this - sidenote Q: what are shading benefits of reshade for this game in particular?

http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129269
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129270

i fixed the black levels so there is no more of that haze look (blacks not being black) use reshades smaa over ingames, and another to slightly improve color

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 07:46 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:

What it does:

[Surround/Eyefinity]
- Centres the UI for Surround/Eyefinity users (Monitor count >=2)
- Removes the Cinematic Black borders in Surround/Eyefinity.
- Videos and Concept Art and etc confined to the centre screen.
- Swap between centred UI and default UI by pressing F11 (is enabled by default).

[All Resolutions]
- Tweaks the Vignette so is not visible. (Just removing it, creates a colour inversion bug).
- Removes the Blackbars in cinematics. (I believe it should work at 21:9 aspect ratios as well).

What it doesn't do:
- It doesn't change the UI at 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9 resolutions.
- It doesn't change the Rendering Viewport. Meaning, if you get black bars at 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratios, you still get them! The whole game was made for 16:9 based resolutions.

- DirectX11 ONLY!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com/GamePatches ... L_2_UI.rar

- Copy the content next to RE2.exe.
- For Surround/Eyefinity apply the HEX EDIT for FOV by Jackfuste:
"or using Hex-editor replace the following bytes in re2.exe:
FD FF A7 3F 00 00 00 00 => FD FF A7 40 00 00 00 00"

Done using 3DMigoto wrapper:https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto

Enjoy!

Hey the download link isn't working. It's taking me to a page that shows weird codes as if I opened the rar file with notepad.

However I did try to copy all these codes to a text file and changed the extension to rar but the archive still fails to open.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 07:59 

Seems that 3dsurround site is being weird.

Use a download manager..may work. Otherwise im sure helifax will reup it. sorry i cant. im at my friends house now

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 08:25 

valkyrie743 wrote:
TheWitcher wrote:
admiraltennek wrote:

http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129269
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/129270

i fixed the black levels so there is no more of that haze look (blacks not being black) use reshades smaa over ingames, and another to slightly improve color

Well I'm sold ....damn! I didn't realize it was that bad. Teach me how to get it working with helifax's thing lol. all the d3dx.ini talk is confusing can you simplify the options plz?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 08:48 

Hi helifax, thank you for the patch!
There are minor issues with it however. Some GUI elements don't show properly (see the ammo count area) and black bars still show for couple of frames when you enter a cutscene.

Attachments:
Broken_elements.jpg
Broken_elements.jpg [ 237.42 KiB | Viewed 2646 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next