Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 25 Nov 2020, 23:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 11:03 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
anteronoid wrote:
Any chance you know if its also possible to fix the FOV? Im using standard AR on a 43" 4K Monitor, but the FOV is really narrow. :sick:


Do you know how to use the HEX editor? If you do here a simple explanation on how to do it .. if not ill try fixing it for you even though I never did (but ill be more than happy to help you out)

Sometimes the field of view (fov) for a game can be found in hexadecimal form in one of the game's files. The format you will most likely see is the IEEE 754 standard which is comprised of four hexadecimal pairs.
For example a fov of 60.0 would be the following in hexadecimal.
42 70 00 00
This will almost always be formatted to be read from right to left in the game's files. So 42 70 00 00 becomes the following in the file.
00 00 70 42
You can use a IEEE 754 calculator like this one to get your fov value into hexadecimal format. Simply paste your fov in the decimal field and click the Rounded or Not Rounded button (should not matter) and look at the hexadecimal result under the single precision fields.
Think of the hexadecimal value in this format.
ST UV WX YZ
You will be using it in this format.
YZ WX UV ST

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 14:29 
Offline
I Donated
I Donated
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2010, 02:58
Posts: 264
AlRayes_BRN wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
Any chance you know if its also possible to fix the FOV? Im using standard AR on a 43" 4K Monitor, but the FOV is really narrow. :sick:


Do you know how to use the HEX editor? If you do here a simple explanation on how to do it .. if not ill try fixing it for you even though I never did (but ill be more than happy to help you out)

Sometimes the field of view (fov) for a game can be found in hexadecimal form in one of the game's files. The format you will most likely see is the IEEE 754 standard which is comprised of four hexadecimal pairs.
For example a fov of 60.0 would be the following in hexadecimal.
42 70 00 00
This will almost always be formatted to be read from right to left in the game's files. So 42 70 00 00 becomes the following in the file.
00 00 70 42
You can use a IEEE 754 calculator like this one to get your fov value into hexadecimal format. Simply paste your fov in the decimal field and click the Rounded or Not Rounded button (should not matter) and look at the hexadecimal result under the single precision fields.
Think of the hexadecimal value in this format.
ST UV WX YZ
You will be using it in this format.
YZ WX UV ST


Thank you!
No i've never tried it. I have only some beginner level knowledge of Cheat Engine.
I'll try it out when back from work tonight and see if I can wrap my head around it. :wtf:

_________________
| i7 6850K Broadwell-e @4.2Ghz | DDR4 32GB @3200Mhz| 2x Msi 1080 X | Asus X99 Deluxe II /H110i/AX1200iw |
| 3x Dell P2314H @ 5760x1080 + Philips 43" 4K IPS BDM4350UC Monitor + Oculus Rift CV1 |
| 1*Samsung EVO 960 500GB NVMe x4 gen.3 | 2x Intel SSD SATA III Raid 0 | 2x Intel SSD SATA III Raid 0 | 2x 2TB SSHD Seagate SATA III Raid 0 |
| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 16:53 
Offline

Joined: 26 Feb 2018, 18:11
Posts: 3
The same problem as yesterday. :(


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 19:11 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
cevlar wrote:
The same problem as yesterday. :(


Fixed, please use the download links in the first page ;)

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 06:39 
Offline

Joined: 27 Feb 2018, 10:22
Posts: 5
Any luck with a FOV fix?


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 08:34 
Offline
I Donated
I Donated
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2010, 02:58
Posts: 264
Demonstalker wrote:
Any luck with a FOV fix?


Sorry, no. I'm struggeling to find any values, couyld be 60 and could be something else, feels like shooting blind.
I'll give CheatEngine a go but it I dont know if that will help. At least there is a Zoom view function in the game (press Z) som maybe i can use that to find the values.

_________________
| i7 6850K Broadwell-e @4.2Ghz | DDR4 32GB @3200Mhz| 2x Msi 1080 X | Asus X99 Deluxe II /H110i/AX1200iw |
| 3x Dell P2314H @ 5760x1080 + Philips 43" 4K IPS BDM4350UC Monitor + Oculus Rift CV1 |
| 1*Samsung EVO 960 500GB NVMe x4 gen.3 | 2x Intel SSD SATA III Raid 0 | 2x Intel SSD SATA III Raid 0 | 2x 2TB SSHD Seagate SATA III Raid 0 |
| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2018, 17:12 
Offline

Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 09:20
Posts: 17
Hey all I've no idea how to fix this, used the 2 files on page 1 but guessing they are all wrong for my format and I've no idea how to change the format. I'm playing on triple monitors and trying to set to 7680X1440. Games lets me select this as an option but does not actually then display in 7690X1440? Looking for assistance! Happy to donate


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 00:08 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
stormster wrote:
Hey all I've no idea how to fix this, used the 2 files on page 1 but guessing they are all wrong for my format and I've no idea how to change the format. I'm playing on triple monitors and trying to set to 7680X1440. Games lets me select this as an option but does not actually then display in 7690X1440? Looking for assistance! Happy to donate


Hey man! Are you using triple 21:9 monitors???? Or triple 16:9 monitors?

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 09:24 
Offline

Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 09:20
Posts: 17
AlRayes_BRN wrote:
stormster wrote:
Hey all I've no idea how to fix this, used the 2 files on page 1 but guessing they are all wrong for my format and I've no idea how to change the format. I'm playing on triple monitors and trying to set to 7680X1440. Games lets me select this as an option but does not actually then display in 7690X1440? Looking for assistance! Happy to donate


Hey man! Are you using triple 21:9 monitors???? Or triple 16:9 monitors?


Err... 21:9 I think? Monitors are Swift PG279Q each at 2560X1440. You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger tech idiot than me! When I got them last year was told they were top end so got them, limit of my tech skills is downloading a game from Steam!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2018, 09:38 
Offline
Patreon
Patreon
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 09:51
Posts: 49
Oh your monitrs are 16:9

_________________
Ultrawide Benchmarks

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/ultrawidebenchmarks

Discord: https://discord.gg/kGjfCHY

Proud supporter of wsgf.org & pcgamingwiki


Top
  
 
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group