Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 04:31 

I have read through the lengthy 89 page thread here about Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain fix for ultra widescreen. On the last page someone mentions how the last fix wont work now after the Windows Fall Update. I had that issue with another game I was playing too. I looked all through that long thread and couldn't really figure out what to try. I tried to download the latest fix using the cheat table but when I tried to extract the table it wouldn't ever show in the folder when it was done. Not sure whats wrong.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me to a page where I could find a fix for the game. I want to play it in 3440x1440 without the black bars.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 05:31 

Tried the Jackfuste fix on this page and it crashes. Perhaps this is what the forum member was talking about when he said it no longer works after the Fall Update. Something big must have changed after that update.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 71#p163771

Tried Nightbits patcher and it too crashes. I sure hope that more of the newer games support 21:9 3440x1440. Not much use in having a nice widescreen if you have to play with black bars on the side. I am so aggrevated, feel like I wasted money buying this nice screen. We end up spending so much time too trying to get the games to run right too. It is ridiculous that the game makers cant produce these to work out of the box.