Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 00:14 
Let me just start out by saying how much I appreciate this site. I didn't realize the trouble I was in for when I bought this 3440x1440 monitor! So many games don't play right on it. Between this site and the Flawlesswidescreen app I have been able to run just about every game. I have been playing my games in chronological order hoping that it will help me to avoid some compatibility issues since the games I play wont be too old. I am on 2015 now.

I found the great fix on this site for Assasin's Creed Rogue and it worked great. It was an exe. file posted on here by the member that has the picture of a cat in his ID. I forget his username but he has helepd a lot of us. That program worked wonderful for my 3440x1440. After playing the game for 18 hours which was several weeks I think, I updated my windows a few days ago to the new Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition. You can check your verison and download it here from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ors-update

Well, after the update, now the exe our member created just crashes to a black screen and then a window pops up saying ACC has failed. I am able to go into the ini. file where the game stores the resolution and if I set that back to 1920x1080 the game will boot. The screen though is smooshed down in the middle with the big black bars on top and bottom, like how it is for us when we try to run the standard exe file on 3440x1440. This of course is understandable. So I can go into the game menu and change the resolution back to 3440 x1440 and the game will look pretty good. Not sure if it looks the same as before the patch but it looks good enough. Once I quit and then try to run the game again it will crash to black screen though. So now I am stuck going into the ini file each time I want to run the game and set the res back to 1920x1080. I can then turn it back up to 3440x1440 in the game. This will work but is annoying. Might have to be what I do.

Wondering if anyone else is having this same issue now after installing the new Windows Fall Creators Update. I think the update just came out. Some smart people on here, maybe someone can figure out what is going on. I can run the game with the original exe file and on 1920x1080 and it will be full screen but all distorted and stretched out. Looks terrible. So I have decided to use the exe I found here since I can at least play it in 3440x1440, but the going into the ini file each time is a pain. I'm also not sure if the screen picture is quite as sharp as it was before.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried verifying the game files with Steam and it was ok. I don't think the actual game got screwed up. I could try to download a fresh copy again, but not sure if I will screw up my saves. I really think it is a compatibility issue with the new windows version. I hope this doesn't happen now with a lot of my other games.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 00:19 
Maybe there is another fix on here I can try? The Flawless Widescreen app doesn't have this game. I wonder if Assasins Creed Syndicate is going to be all screwed up too. Ill play that in a bit.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 19:43 

I am a new member here. I started this thread yesterday but for some reason it is listed as Guest and I cannot log into the account. Started a new one here. Hoping someone might have an idea what to do with this problem.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2017, 21:41 

download fix in here
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/en

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2017, 00:00 

Thanks. Something strange is going on with the game now. Today I was able to get it running like it was before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Upgrade and it looks great again. I didn't do anything different either. I cant figure out what is going on. I was able to boot the game with the ini. file set to 3440x1440 and it ran great. Yesterday I wasn't able to do it. If it acts up again I will try that link you have here. I see it has both rogue and black flag. Just not sure which file would work best for me. I am going to guess the Assasins Creed Rogue.7z, since that is the only one with Rogue in the name? All of the others are for Black Flag. My screen is 3440x1440. This game actually looks really good when it is running right, really crisp graphics and lots of detail. The cutscenes look great.

You would think computers would be more logical but there is some other factors involved in solving these problems! You would think if you do the same exact thing several times you would get the same result each time, but no.