Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01 

Just want to tell everybody that Assassin's Creed Origins is completely optimised for UltraWide 21:9 resolutions! It also includes an FOV scaler in the display settings to alter for your chosen resolution manually.
Attachment:
File comment: Assassin's Creed: Origins Ultra settings UltraWide 2560X1080
Assassin's Creed  Origins Screenshot 2017.10.27 - 00.34.14.19.png
Assassin's Creed Origins Screenshot 2017.10.27 - 00.34.14.19.png [ 4.39 MiB | Viewed 8334 times ]

Here's some other screen shots:
https://imgur.com/z301zCa
https://imgur.com/z72OMzE
https://imgur.com/ofGhqhP
https://imgur.com/KlOub3Y
https://imgur.com/i1XjpqX
Your better off downloading the images to view them at their full potential :clap:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 21:47 

Ubisoft seems to put a lot of effort into the PC versions of their games in the last few years. I don't have the game myself, but damn, does it look beautiful.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017, 03:00 
I Donated
I Donated

How does it fair in nVidia Surround/Eyefinity?

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 07:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
How does it fair in nVidia Surround/Eyefinity?

It is perfect minus a water culling issue on the left and right screen @ 5760x1080(chunks of water are not rendered properly if you view a massive body of water in a certain way, a chunking issue that looks like Minecraft LOD). The good news is the issue has been logged with Ubisoft, they should be working on it(it is not a deal breaker though).

The game is amazing and easily the best Assassin's Creed made to date, I highly recommend it and love it.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 10:17 

^^^ Thanks for answering Amon Amarth's question since i couldn't confirm the subject myself due to not having a multi monitor setup.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2017, 14:27 

Must be nice in multi monitor. I can't get it to run with multi monitor SLI.. and it is a pain to set it up with a single GPU just for one game.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 01:58 
I Donated
I Donated

Great game, glad I bought it. I don't even remember Assassin's Creed any more, and that's a good thing.

So some HUD elements are not centered to the middle display. Hope Ubisoft can correct this mistake, and if not someone from the WSGF.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:48 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Great game, glad I bought it. I don't even remember Assassin's Creed any more, and that's a good thing.

So some HUD elements are not centered to the middle display. Hope Ubisoft can correct this mistake, and if not someone from the WSGF.

How awesome, I actually can't wait to play it. I had been AC'd out for some time now. I was unable to finish Unity (Which I did like quite a bit). I kid you not, with just under two sequences left until the end; Uplay goes full Non compos mentis and turns cloud sync, along with some other stuff back on. [A Uplay update that didn't respect local config or Reg keys already in place]. Following which, summarily replaces my saves with empty saves. Even neglecting to keep any of them in the [#].save.delete format which exists for this exact reason.

Anyways without babbling any further about that, I was pretty livid. I tried to play Syndicate. It seemed really neat and I know I'll enjoy it someday. Yet, I just couldn't get going for longer than 3 or 4 minutes before Alt-F4-ing it in favor of something else. Fast forward to now. I saw the concept art and trailers and started actually started feeling some anticipation for an AC game again. I had to get another GPU for my youngest boy's PC and got a free copy with that. Now I'm truly looking forward to jumping in.

There's only one hiccup. I can't play the damn thing. First I'm greeted with a horrific buzzing sound so loud, I damn near rip my DAC off the desk when I jump up and back. So I resolve that mess (as well as I could until Ubi patches in fixed support for higher bitrate output and\or Dolby/SS). So a poor start indeed. I was just happy to know my copy at least launches which is better than some folks. Yet that's where the positives end for this one. I have tried everything I could think of from the entirely logical to absurdly unreasonable. All of which end the same; without even a lick of progress. The game Launches fine, I can make any changes I need to the settings without issue. However, as soon as I hit new game, then pick a difficulty the splash/loading screen starts for a couple of seconds then goes black and crashes to desktop. Seventeen days later and, well, stagnation is a fitting word for the situation. I suppose this was just my year to feel the iron grip of the annual AC issues. Those of which I had never previously been inconvenienced. Not even Unity or Rouge gave me problems. None, which I know is the exception, not the rule. Nevertheless, the more time that passes the less likely I'll end up picking it back up for a considerable length of time. Which is such a damn shame indeed.

My apologies in advance everyone. My plan to stop babbling on and on was; as per usual, a failure. It was, however, nice to get that off of my chest via some mild complaints rather than a rant.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017, 21:24 

Hi everyone! Just registered to post this. :D
Since Patch 1.03 they fixed the water-problem.
Nevertheless I still have problems with the skybox (as seen in the image). The Ubi-Support didn't respond to my problem.
Anyone else having this? Did I miss some option in the game that fixes this?

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: I found the Problem. Something in the Options that told my Graphics card to render double the whole resolution. With "just" 140 % instead of 200 % it works totally normal. Sorry guys :doh:

Attachments:
Assassin's Creed  Origins Screenshot 2017.11.01 - 12.52.54.71.jpg
Assassin's Creed Origins Screenshot 2017.11.01 - 12.52.54.71.jpg [ 2.94 MiB | Viewed 7548 times ]

Last edited by Fiddleford McGucket on 14 Nov 2017, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017, 21:38 

Echoing what the OP said, game looks great. Now THIS is how you do UltraWide support. Gotta give Ubisoft credit.

Unfortunately, Nioh has sucked me in now that users here have provided a fix for it. I'm sure I'll get back to AC Origins eventually.