Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:13 
User01 wrote:
vittau wrote:
User01 wrote:
found an even easier and faster way to fix the FOV. On the same forum where the initial fov was discovered, someone further down uploaded a fov unlock script, its better.

Here is the link for the forum, scroll all the way down and look for the poster, JDimensional, and FOV unlock:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Here is a direct link for the script:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120876

How do I use this script please mate? :)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:33 

How to use FOV unlock script:

To recap, download and install Cheat Engine, then download that script, run RE7, then alt+tab, run CE, on CE, click on the computer icon under “File”, choose re7 from the list and click on open. Then, on windows explorer, find the script file and drag it to CE. Check the box down on the left, click on the value area on the right and put down the FOV you want.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 13:45 
User01 wrote:

To recap, download and install Cheat Engine, then download that script, run RE7, then alt+tab, run CE, on CE, click on the computer icon under “File”, choose re7 from the list and click on open. Then, on windows explorer, find the script file and drag it to CE. Check the box down on the left, click on the value area on the right and put down the FOV you want.

Thank you I shall try to follow... What would be the recommended FOV for 3440x1440 if I may ask?

Thanks

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 14:31 

Not sure. Pretty new to all this myself...I just changed it to what felt right for me.

Btw, that FOV unlock script has been updated due to an error in a cutscene.

"Updated Pointers and backup pointers for Unlock FOV as the original pointer changed to ???? after cutscene."

Here is the new one:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120882

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 15:12 

With the fov unlocker, graphic is viberating. ><

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 16:18 

I managed to edit .exe but FOV script doesn't seem to do anything at all. Any ideas and what numbers should i put in value box?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 16:37 

Also, changing values in cheat engine does nothing...
After that only thing is that I cant change FOV with ingame menu anymore...

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 19:18 

Hey guys, did anyone try the fix for the cpy version of the game and got it working?I have followed the steps meticulously it opens and then crashes right after checking dlc dialog.Any help here would be greatly appreciated.I can even post the exe for that matter.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 19:56 
User01 wrote:

I've followed this but once the .exe is connected the address in the script remains ????? and I cannot edit the value. I see others have been having the same problem :( http://steamcommunity.com/app/418370/discussions/0/133255957992053921/ . I notice without the FOV changing at 3440x1440 its just a little bit off when switching to full screen.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 21:12 

Weird. Same thing just happened to me. You can fix it though. Once you are running RE7 and CE, added re7 to CE and dragged the script to CE, if you cannot do anything to it, then do this:

Right click on the script and on the list you get, put the mouse on top of "Group Config", then you get a new menu, once there left click on "Hide children when deactivated". You could also enable "Allow left and right to collapse and expand". Either way, it should fix it and you will be able to see the current FOV as well as edit it.

Also, once you have added the value for the FOV, make sure to tick the box on the middle, on the left, so that the FPS value doesn't change even if you have to reload.

Make sure that you are doing all this once you are in-game though, not on the game menu.

Also, be sure to get the new version of FOV Unlocker:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=120882

Last edited by User01 on 01 Feb 2017, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next