Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 14:41 

Hello there!

I hadn't played all the DLCs for this game yet, and decided to give them a go now with all the RE:2 hype going on. The last time I played this game, CivilWolf's patcher and trainer worked perfectly for me.
However, it seems the game has been updated (there was an update today actually) and the patcher does not seem to work anymore. After applying it, the game just doesn't open. Reverting to the backed up .exe works fine.

They removed Denuvo from the game so I'm guessing the exe has probably changed somewhat, making the patching method incompatible. Can anyone point me to where I can hex-edit the exe myself?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 17:42 

Try this http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 03#p168603

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 21:35 

I am also having issues with the widescreen patcher after the game was recently updated. Anybody have any advise on how to I would be able to play the game 2560 x 1080? I have tried hex-edit but game won't launch after altering the values. Any help would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 06:05 

the game has been updated to remove denuvo. it broke the fov trainer as well as the widescreen patcher :(

hope @CivilWolf is still around and can update the trainer and patcher.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 04:47 

I was wondering wtf was going on.
When I first purchased this game I was hyped. When it came ofc I suffered through the black bars and chose a lower res. God awful.
When I first played it and immediately noticed the widescreen black bars bullshit I was fucking pissed.
I've sat around for 2 hours not noticing they updated their game recently making the fix for the widescreen support of this forum obsolete.
I'm so fucking pissed. Not at this community. This community has shed some light toward a heaven I dreamed of.
Please help with a fix for this!!!
I have 16:10 Aspect Ratio 1920x1200
Please m8! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is this a thing? Why do other games like overwatch and gta get their shit right when capcom always half asses it like EA. but even EA has support for aspect ratios.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 05:27 

Alden wrote:
Why is this a thing? Why do other games like overwatch get their shit right

overwatch @ 21:9 is a joke and blizzard is hard headed and wont support proper 21:9. its sucks. so i have to play @ 2560x1440 (pillarboxed) on my 3440x1440

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 06:37 

valkyrie743 wrote:
Alden wrote:
Why is this a thing? Why do other games like overwatch get their shit right

overwatch @ 21:9 is a joke and blizzard is hard headed and wont support proper 21:9. its sucks. so i have to play @ 2560x1440 (pillarboxed) on my 3440x1440

Obviously I don't know all supported ratios and graphics settings.
I was pissed off and mainly generalizing.
It's like they make all these different options and then they don't support all those different options. :TrueWS: :TrueWS: :TrueWS:

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 04:33 

Sorry for taking so long. I had accidentally formatted the drive with all my cheat tables a few months back and had to remake the trainer from almost scratch. This is what I have so far.

(Updated to fix errors)
Attachment:
File comment: RE7 FOV Trainer (02-03-2019)
RE7_FOV_Trainer_020319_2.rar [4.01 MiB]
Downloaded 5411 times

Let me know if it works for you.

Edit:

Aspect Ratio Patcher Update
(To remove pillar boxing)

Extract both files into the same folder

More info (older post)

Attachment:
File comment: RE7 Aspect Ratio Patcher Update
RE7PatcherUpdate.rar [21.09 KiB]
Downloaded 2162 times

Last edited by CivilWolf on 03 Feb 2019, 16:24, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 05:52 

Hi CivilWolf. Thank you very much for your effort.

Im a little confused as i try to move the .DAT file into the patcher (winRAR) folder and it wont allow me to do so. Ive also tried moving the patcher.exe and the .dat file into a new folder together. Im a bit lost and limited on skill im afraid.

Many thanks

Welshy

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 06:30 

Welsh Warrior wrote:
Hi CivilWolf. Thank you very much for your effort.

Im a little confused as i try to move the .DAT file into the patcher (winRAR) folder and it wont allow me to do so. Ive also tried moving the patcher.exe and the .dat file into a new folder together. Im a bit lost and limited on skill im afraid.

Many thanks

Welshy

On launch the patcher looks for the update file in the same folder.
If it finds an update file it will update the offsets and print out "--Updated Offsets!--" at the top of the console window.

You must extract both RE7_Widescreen_Patcher.exe and RE7PatcherUpdate.dat file into the same folder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next