Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2018, 01:25 

@Rose: It doesn't work for me :'(

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 08:12 

Are you on Windows 10? Did you follow the instructions step by step? You can try again maintaining the order or just resort to the solution described in the first post here and it should work until you close the game.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 12:45 

maybe different version DRM (GOG or STEAM)

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2018, 00:17 

Rose wrote:
Are you on Windows 10? Did you follow the instructions step by step? You can try again maintaining the order or just resort to the solution described in the first post here and it should work until you close the game.

I am on Windows 10 and I've followed the instructions step by step. The solution with Cheat Engine work.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 19:38 

I made a patcher to patch the EXE so you don't have to run a trainer each time or constantly have to reapply it. Just confirmed that it works on this game.

Latest version can be downloaded here, along with a list of games I've tested in the README.

And I've posted a tutorial on how to do this by hand in the Final Season thread.

I've only tested it on the GOG version so please let me know if it works on the Steam version if anyone has it.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 10:29 

nice bruuuh :onethumb:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 12:50 

@PhantomGamers
The patcher does not work on the Steam version. I have the message "Error: Ratio pattern not found. Executable is not supported". I tested it on 3 exe files (WalkingDead3.exe, WalkingDead3_win7.exe, WalkingDead3_win8.exe).

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 19:53 

Chachardus wrote:
@PhantomGamers
The patcher does not work on the Steam version. I have the message "Error: Ratio pattern not found. Executable is not supported". I tested it on 3 exe files (WalkingDead3.exe, WalkingDead3_win7.exe, WalkingDead3_win8.exe).

Can you confirm that the trainer/instructions in the OP work on that version? Only TellTale game I have access to on Steam, or well the only one I've tried (not sure if there are other demos), is the Batman 1 demo, and searching for "3FE38E39" comes up with no results for me. Searching the hex string in the exe does, but attempting to modify it results in the game refusing to launch.

EDIT: Managed to get it working, not sure why it wasn't working before, also found the function that overrides the aspect ratio and it can be patched in memory fine, included instructions in the final season thread if anyone wants to make a trainer with that feature. Can't seem to patch the exes though because modifying them results in a Steam launch error, will keep trying but I'm not optimistic I'll be able to figure out a solution.

Last edited by PhantomGamers on 30 Sep 2018, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 21:23 

I don't think your patcher works with any Steam games. I reported the same issue regarding The Final Season via the github page.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2018, 01:37 

Rose wrote:
I don't think your patcher works with any Steam games. I reported the same issue regarding The Final Season via the github page.

Yeah seems Steam's DRM is a bit excessive with this these games, even patching them manually results in launch errors ("Application load error 3:0000065432") so I'm not sure if it's possible to fix it.

Not sure why they bothered protecting a single play game that has a DRM free version so much. Just screws us over...

EDIT: Just released a new version, should now work with the Steam versions!