Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 17:09 

Hi,

I have one question regarding 21:9 fixes for Assassin's Creed series on Uplay. I tried a fix for AC II but it wasn't working, saying that "UplayGameLauncher cannot be found, please reinstall the game" or something like that. So far this is not an issue for me because I got first AC from GOG, so fix worked, and everything from AC II to Revelations supports 21:9, at least in gameplay, cutscenes and HUD are still 16:9 but I can live with that. However there are some issues with later releases, AC III is not supporting 21:9 at all, Black Flag also, and Rogue too, only Unity and Syndicate support it natively again.

I am asking because I really want to play through this series, but it won't be too enjoyable without 21:9 support.

Also, are steam fixes still working? Steam keys are 5 times more expensive than Uplay keys and they demand $30+ for 5+ year old games, but I guess there will be no other way if Uplay won't allow applying a fix.

Thanks for any help,

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 13:37 

krzych wrote:
Hi,

I have one question regarding 21:9 fixes for Assassin's Creed series on Uplay. I tried a fix for AC II but it wasn't working, saying that "UplayGameLauncher cannot be found, please reinstall the game" or something like that. So far this is not an issue for me because I got first AC from GOG, so fix worked, and everything from AC II to Revelations supports 21:9, at least in gameplay, cutscenes and HUD are still 16:9 but I can live with that. However there are some issues with later releases, AC III is not supporting 21:9 at all, Black Flag also, and Rogue too, only Unity and Syndicate support it natively again.

I am asking because I really want to play through this series, but it won't be too enjoyable without 21:9 support.

Also, are steam fixes still working? Steam keys are 5 times more expensive than Uplay keys and they demand $30+ for 5+ year old games, but I guess there will be no other way if Uplay won't allow applying a fix.

Thanks for any help,

Have you tried going in offline mode in uplay then trying. Perhaps that will bypass any version check problems you're having.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 20:06 

Peer_Review wrote:
Have you tried going in offline mode in uplay then trying. Perhaps that will bypass any version check problems you're having.

Yes I did, still the same error. This what desrcibed + error code 2

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 20:43 

But with AC: Brotherhood the game worked with .exe fix, the game seem to be installed in different way than AC II, maybe III, IV and Rogue will work the same.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 09:17 

I miss jackfuste