Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 06:48 

Playing in Ultra Widescreen 3440x1440
I have tried using Flawless Widescreen app and I can get it so the whole window is filled. I cannot tell though if it might be streched out some. When I go into the Graphic config_SOFS file to look at the graphics settings I notice that the full screen setting are correct at 3440x1440, but Flawless Widescreen only works for windowed. When I inspect the windowed settings it is set at 2560x1440.

I tried going into that config file and setting the width in windowed mode to 3440 and then clicking the read only box so that it wont be over written when I boot the game again. After running the game if I go back into that graphics setting file the read only box will be unchecked and the width is back to 2560 again! This is while running flawless widescreen. The screen looks ok but I am still not sure I am really playing the game at 3440x1440 even though that is entered into the fields on the flawless widescreen app. I would think the graphics settings file in the game I mention would have the width set to 3440 and not 2560.

Anyone have an idea what is going on? How can I check to make sure I am really playing the game at ultra widscreen 3440x1440? It seems like the pixels are bigger than they should be for 3440x1440, maybe its just my imagination. If width were 2560 instead of my native 3440, would it be really obviously stretched and look really bad?

I have also tried changing the screen resolution setting in the Flawless Widescreen app while I am playing the game and the screen doesn't change at all. I tried setting it to 1920x1080 just to see what would happen and nothing happens. Is that because the setting only affects the game when you first boot it? I don't understand why the width in the game file is always at 2560 instead of 3440 when I check it.

Is there another fix besides flawless widescreen? I found a fix on youtube for DS III, but not II.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 23:57 

Well, I played it some more last night and it does indeed look like it is probably 3440x1440 even though that file still says its only 2560 wide. The only problem then with the flawless widescreen fix then is during the cutscenes. The cutscenes are correctly 3440x1440 and look great but there are two rectangular black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. It is almost like they are there from a letterbox format but the boxes don't extend all the way across the screen, they look like rectangles. The rectangles also cover up that part of the screen so you cant see what is underneath, almost like something is being censored.