Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 07 May 2021, 17:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 00:04 
Offline

Joined: 06 May 2016, 00:02
Posts: 1
Hey all, this was released for free on the Windows store a few hours ago and sadly it doesn't support 21:9 (Atleast it doesn't for me).

Anyone have any ideas?


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 02:02 
Offline

Joined: 20 Jan 2005, 17:10
Posts: 43
Sadly i dont see support for 21:9 either. it does 4k well though smh


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 12:33 
Offline

Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 23:56
Posts: 20
Well if anyone finds a way to modify the executable (forzamotorsportapex.exe) with the game still starting and not throwing an error and prompting a reinstall, that'd be a start.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 09 May 2016, 17:15 
Offline

Joined: 13 Aug 2014, 21:56
Posts: 13
Hi,

I've already tried to edit the exe using the HeX editor and i even found the field that i need to edit but when i try to do so i get a write permission error. Is there anyway to fix this ?


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 03:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2011, 00:08
Posts: 4
Dannyboy wrote:
Hi,

I've already tried to edit the exe using the HeX editor and i even found the field that i need to edit but when i try to do so i get a write permission error. Is there anyway to fix this ?

You will need to change the permission of the folder so you can edit it.

_________________
Image


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 19:26 
Offline

Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 23:56
Posts: 20
Juggalo23451 wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Hi,

I've already tried to edit the exe using the HeX editor and i even found the field that i need to edit but when i try to do so i get a write permission error. Is there anyway to fix this ?

You will need to change the permission of the folder so you can edit it.


Changing permissions and/or changing files messes with the UWP validation system and the game won't start.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 21:11 
Offline

Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 20:58
Posts: 5
This guy :rockout:

Link. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_forza-mo ... 6867_s1020
The last post of page 103.

Pedr0 wrote:
Parece que ahora sí va con éste (bueno, al menos a diego88 le va [sonrisa] )
Igual que antes:
    Ejecutas el juego y esperas a que llegue al menú principal.
    Arrancas el programa.
    Elige una de las dos:
    -Pulsas la opción 1 para que cambie la resolución 1920x1080 a 2560x1080
    -Pulsas la opción 2 para que cambie la resolución de 2560x1440 a 2560x1080
    Una vez que se cambia no se puede revertir hasta que salgas del juego.

    App link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar2nb ... x169v2.EXE
    Down, start game, in the menu launch app and select option 1.

    Tarda un rato y parece que se queda colgado pero no.
    Ahora vas al juego, a opciones gráficas y mira si alguna de las resoluciones es 2560x1080


Nice :)
Image
Image
Image


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2016, 20:53 
Offline

Joined: 10 Apr 2016, 23:56
Posts: 20
adriM21 wrote:
This guy :rockout:

Link. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_forza-mo ... 6867_s1020
The last post of page 103.

Pedr0 wrote:
Parece que ahora sí va con éste (bueno, al menos a diego88 le va [sonrisa] )
Igual que antes:
    Ejecutas el juego y esperas a que llegue al menú principal.
    Arrancas el programa.
    Elige una de las dos:
    -Pulsas la opción 1 para que cambie la resolución 1920x1080 a 2560x1080
    -Pulsas la opción 2 para que cambie la resolución de 2560x1440 a 2560x1080
    Una vez que se cambia no se puede revertir hasta que salgas del juego.

    App link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar2nb ... x169v2.EXE
    Down, start game, in the menu launch app and select option 1.

    Tarda un rato y parece que se queda colgado pero no.
    Ahora vas al juego, a opciones gráficas y mira si alguna de las resoluciones es 2560x1080


Nice :)
Image
Image
Image


Works perfectly! Great find.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 05:51 
Offline
Insiders
Insiders
User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 13:39
Posts: 761
Image

Looks good cept for the stupid vignetting

_________________
Resident Jester - Flawless Widescreen - Widescreen gaming the way it should be.
[Steam Profile]

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 06:23 
Offline
Insiders
Insiders
User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 13:39
Posts: 761
Hack it off maybe

Image

Drop a comment if you want it released.

_________________
Resident Jester - Flawless Widescreen - Widescreen gaming the way it should be.
[Steam Profile]

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here


Top
  
 
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group