Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 07:15 

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there were any 21:9 black bar fixes for titles like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations. These are not pre-rendered cut-scenes and they should be fixable, as seen in the black bars for ACII (which needs to be updated for modern Uplay support but is otherwise amazing). I'm new to hex editing so if someone could tell me how to edit Brotherhood and Revelations to match ACII I'd happily do it and share, but alas my efforts have failed. I'd appreciate anyone's two cents, from what I can tell, ACII, ACIII, and ACIV have had fixes made by this community. I'm not sure what the status of ACI, Rogue, or Liberation are, but I know for sure Brotherhood and Revelations are fixable.

On a side note, ACII can't do 100 Hz but ACB and ACR both hit 100 Hz and its quite the experience.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 08:20 
Insiders
Insiders

VeerK, for those two games (Revelations, Brotherhood), use SoftTH. (They are both DX9)

1. Revelations Manual PLP Instructions (take what you need):
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/05/04/assassins-creed-revelations-2011-manual-plp-instructions

2. Brotherhood Manual PLP:
Unconfirmed, but logical. ~95% chance. Consistent engine & game. SoftTH (fullscreen, DX9 x86). Most likely, in-game select massive resolution. If it's not there, regedit is likely workaround; shown in Prince of Persia: TFS 2010 (same engine). Failing that, attempt resolution edit in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\(game-name).ini.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 19:54 

Maybe I should have been more clear about my question, I'm sorry about that.

In ACII, Brotherhood, and Revelations there is a problem where in-game cutscenes show up as 16:9 with black bars on the left and right sides to fill the 21:9 space. However, these are not pre-rendered cutscenes so when they end the game goes back to full 21:9 support natively. There is a fix on WSGF for ACII where the black bars on the left and right sides during cutscenes are eliminated, fully supporting 21:9 throughout the whole game. Since Brotherhood and Revelations use the same engine, they share the same problem which should be easily fixable like ACII, without the use of something like SoftTH or FlawlessWidescreen.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

EDITED
I have now tested & confirmed, SoftTH spreads this game better than native support. Rendered cutscenes are full hor+. There is no drawback to using SoftTH, it just makes game better.
Attached below are the two SoftTH files you need, zipped with instruction on where they go. Files will support 21:9 (2560x1080 or 3440x1440).

Proof (blog post also updated):
(rendered cutscene, full hor+ with SoftTH)

However, some people may have a problem in Win10. If so, respond to discuss fix.

Attachment:
SoftTH 21_9 files (corrected).zip [422.91 KiB]
Downloaded 689 times

(sorry there was a mistake in previous attachment's 3440x1440, now fixed)