Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 13:20 

TLDR Version: If Aspect: 0.2056 is the correct aspect numbers for three 16:10 screens what is the correct aspect for a single 21:9 screen? I'm not sure how these numbers are calculated and I need to know to update the games 21:9 status.

I've quite recently got my hands on a X34 Predator monitor and I really love the thing but as with my old three 1920x1080 monitor eyefinity setup not every game is out of the box compatible.

I'm going through my personal game library and testing 21:9 compatibility and known fixes for games to share the findings on the master games list. With the new assassin's creed having come out this morning where i live I thought it would be nice to go through all the assassins creeds.

The 21:9 Grading says incomplete. The Ultra-Widescreen 21:9 specific solutions and issues page is blank and I was looking to fill it in. Natively you get black bars, but if you take the instructions from the Eyefinity / Surround Specific Solution & Issues but the file is actually no where to be seen on Racer_S's page as he seems to have deleted it, I had to actually find it on a less than reputable area on the internet (the file is called acFOV3.exe or .zip and could use hosting somewhere a bit more legit)

Game works well with the fix if you fill out the fields right and bottom with 3440 and 1440 but i'm lacking the numbers for 21:9's aspect, through trial and error. Aspect 0.3952 doesn't seem to make the main character too fat or thin, but its definitely not quite right.

I hope to get this figured out and added to the Assassin's creed page and I have contributed before as I was the person who started the Dota 2 page way back in the day. http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p128159

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 19:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Detailed Report updated.

- Black bars removed at all resolutions
- Centered hud
- Supported both DX9 and DX10 versions
- MSAA unlocked for all resolutions

Attachments:
AssassinsCreed_Dx10_BlackBars_FIX.7z [4.09 MiB]
Downloaded 1687 times
AssassinsCreed_Dx9_BlackBars_FIX.7z [4.15 MiB]