Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 21:9
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 02:33 

This is a 3440 X1440 fix for the power armor hud by 360 no crowbar scope.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =554149762

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 03:40 
Editors
Editors

Bit89 wrote:

That's not a realy fix, it simply increases the Size to span over the whole Monitor.... well that's one way to do it.

Btw, yes the 5760x1080 is hardcoded, but that's actually wrong. It's only 3840x720p it simply scales up exactly to 5760x1080.
The same goes for 3440x1440, if you modify the header all files to 1707x720p that will work for 2560x1080 and all 21:9 aspect ratios..... most likely.

Well yeah...

anyone could try this?
Attachment:
Fallout4 - Interface 21-9.zip [21.33 MiB]
Downloaded 669 times

If anything doesn't seem right.... Screenshot!

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 03:55 

I'm getting a refund... can't be bothered with all this faff. games not that good anyway... dated graphics etc etc.

may give Rebel Galaxy another look... 2 man dev team... 21:9 first time start.

sorry to be negative.

-LC-

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 04:58 

Haldi wrote:
Bit89 wrote:

That's not a realy fix, it simply increases the Size to span over the whole Monitor.... well that's one way to do it.

Btw, yes the 5760x1080 is hardcoded, but that's actually wrong. It's only 3840x720p it simply scales up exactly to 5760x1080.
The same goes for 3440x1440, if you modify the header all files to 1707x720p that will work for 2560x1080 and all 21:9 aspect ratios..... most likely.

Well yeah...

anyone could try this?
Attachment:
Fallout4 - Interface 21-9.zip

If anything doesn't seem right.... Screenshot!

Everything seemed OK, but I tried very, very briefly as I can't play right now.

Actually there is one thing, it looks like the crosshair when not aiming down the sight was too big, maybe it's just me:

Spoiler:

Slight bit of off dark green off on the main menu (maybe it's supposed to be like that, it was really minor) otherwise what I saw looked good.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 06:43 

Haldi, I just tried your fix and while 1st person view looks nicer unfortunately the crafting screens all got shifted to the left and there's a lot of misalignment on the workshop especially.

Spoiler:

edit: sorry about the large .png files earlier. oops.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 14:04 
Editors
Editors

drojman wrote:
Actually there is one thing, it looks like the crosshair when not aiming down the sight was too big, maybe it's just me:

Spoiler:

Slight bit of off dark green off on the main menu (maybe it's supposed to be like that, it was really minor) otherwise what I saw looked good.

Not sure about the crosshair, sometimes i think it's to big in Eyefinity too.... but i don't have 16:9 comparison screenshots ^^

Ci7rus wrote:
Haldi, I just tried your fix and while 1st person view looks nicer unfortunately the crafting screens all got shifted to the left and there's a lot of misalignment on the workshop especially.

Spoiler:

Well yeah, they're put to the left because the only thing this HUD Fix does is remove the stretch. Luckily the Health, Compass and Ammu are left, centered and right aligned. the Workshop isn't it's all left bound, the only thing we can easily do is center it. If you wan't to you can modify each and every element itself to have more space between them.
And again we're talking about Interface fixes, if the tiny 3d Preview items are in the wrong place that (probably) has nothing to do with this, so i have no idea how to fix it.

Tutorial how to edit .ba2 files
Things you need:
.ba2 un(re-)packer from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54891-f4-ba2-unpack/
JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler from here: https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/
the original Fallout4 Interfaces.ba2 (or you can use my modified version)

What to do?
  • Start up the quickbms.exe
  • select f4.bms as plugin
  • select the Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 to unpack
  • select the target folger
You have now an unpacked archive and can modify all .swf files how you wan't em.

What to change?
You have the heade of the .swf file, most of the time it's enough to simply change that to the Aspect Ratio you want.
Original is 25'600x14'400 twips aka 1280x720 pixel (Yep... it's simply x 20) if you wan't 21:9 you don't set it to your Resolution of 3440x1440 but leave it the 720p in height and simply set the according 1706 pixel wide aka 34'120 twips

Attachment:
F4-HUd1.PNG
F4-HUd1.PNG [ 52.94 KiB | Viewed 5881 times ]

How to center the HUD
If you're using mutliple Monitors you can Center the whole Hud via .ini Edits in the Fallout4.ini in myDocuments:
Code:
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=250.0

It's trial and Error there.... just play around until you have your Hud at the perfect position.
Be aware... this numbers are NOT the pixels of your resolution but the pixel of your HUD, so if you modified your hud for 3840x720 you'd need to add 1280+20 (border) for the SafeZoneXWide

How to prevent certain Elements from being Left aligned?
Stuff like Examine and Workshop are all left aligned, if you want them to be over the whole Monitor you'd need to modify each element itself.
If you wan't them to be Centered you can modify the whole Frame. you go to "Frames" select "frame 1" select tha "place Object blablabla" and search for the "translateX: SB[n TranslateBits] = 000" in "matrix". With this you can move the whole Frame segment.
Be aware that this are NOT pixels but twips (pixel x 20) and that the maximum X lenght is defined in the header of the file, not your gaming resolution.

Attachment:
F4-HUD2.PNG
F4-HUD2.PNG [ 64.28 KiB | Viewed 5892 times ]

How to fix the green shades?
According to Galnix the green shades are caused by the "bUseShadedBackground = true;" in the script part of the .swf file.
Galnix wrote:
If you look through the scripts embedded in the SWF files, there is a 'bUseShadedBackground = true;' included in some of them. Setting that to false removes the green boxes. To edit it you will need to click on the word 'true' in the 'ActionScript source' pane, and then go to the corresponding line in the 'Method/Getter/Setter Trait' pane that opens up. Change that from 'pushtrue' to 'pushfalse'. After you save that change, you should see the line in the other pane automatically change to false. You will need to repeat this for every instance of the 'bUseShadedBackgound' you can find.

If you remove them from the HUDMenu.swf and FavoritesMenu.swf it looks way better... they're totally gone though, not fixed.

How to recompile the .swf files into a .ba2
it's written in the readme of the quickbms :)
ATM this only works via CMD, here is the command i'm using:
Code:
quickbms -w -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Tools n Stuff\QuickBMS extractor\f4.bms" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Tools n Stuff\original Interface.ba2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Tools n Stuff\Interfacefolder with Modified swf files"

important note on reimporting. you need ALL .swf files in this Folder you want to reimport, if you only import the changed ones the archive structure might get broken and you can't start Fallout4.
When you get the error "this file is bigger than the original and can't be reimportet: Yes, no, force" always use the Force!

That's about it.... i think.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 18:43 

Hey Haldi,

thanks for your efforts and for your time - really appreciate that.
Can you some say which value i have to edit to get the "green" shades into possition? I edited the resolution (i'm playing at 3440x1440), and used your interface ba2 and the hud element fix which is available on nexusmods.

but the shades are still wrong. how can i bring them into position? You wrote fDefaultFOV=XX ... is that the *.ini in the Steam folder or the mygames/ Folder ???

Thanks for input!

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 21:14 

hubertus wrote:
Hey Haldi,

thanks for your efforts and for your time - really appreciate that.
Can you some say which value i have to edit to get the "green" shades into possition? I edited the resolution (i'm playing at 3440x1440), and used your interface ba2 and the hud element fix which is available on nexusmods.

but the shades are still wrong. how can i bring them into position? You wrote fDefaultFOV=XX ... is that the *.ini in the Steam folder or the mygames/ Folder ???

Thanks for input!

Why would you use the one from nexus and Haldi's?

Anyways, it's impossible to completely fix the shadows right now. You can add something like fDefaultFOV=60 to all the .ini files under Display and it'll be somewhat aligned but you'll also have to mess with the power armor hud to compensate for the fact that it gets zoomed in too much.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 22:40 
Editors
Editors

updated the Tutorial about how to remove green shades.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 01:07 

Have you guys tried this fix on nexus mods?

It works pretty well for me

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next