Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 21:9
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 21:04 

DAOWAce wrote:
There's also heavy pixelation with volumetric lighting that I also can't find the source of. Is affected by godray quality and turns into blurry aliasing at higher quality.

Volumetric lighting is often computed at a lower resolution than the background visuals, since it's typically A) quite expensive, and B) rather fuzzy anyway.

For whatever reason, though, they are choosing to render the results into the scene without bilinear filtering, so you see the edges of all of the supersized pixels instead of fuzzy blending between them. It might be a bug in the PC version. Maybe one of the d3d-hooking solutions would be able to trap the case dynamically and change the filter, but we're not fixing it with the ini file, that's pretty certain.

Quote:
Workshop UI is also broken and still has yet to be fixed by any UI mods.

I actually just posted some mixed-results fixes for this and for books/notes on the surround/eyefinity thread. You'd need to adjust the scales a bit but the same idea should work for 21:9:

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 30#p162830

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 12:34 

Ci7rus wrote:
Hey guys, I recommend keeping tabs on Widescreen Fixes and replacing my files with his as he releases them.

As of now I'm going to stop updating since Daisuke looks like he has things well in hand and is making great progress.

So sorry that you give up work on it. Your fix much better than his. He have useless fix where no working subtitles, greenshades everywhere and etc.
Please coop with him and make final fix! Anyway thank you for nice fix!
:savews:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 11:42 

playk wrote:
Ci7rus wrote:
Hey guys, I recommend keeping tabs on Widescreen Fixes and replacing my files with his as he releases them.

As of now I'm going to stop updating since Daisuke looks like he has things well in hand and is making great progress.

So sorry that you give up work on it. Your fix much better than his. He have useless fix where no working subtitles, greenshades everywhere and etc.
Please coop with him and make final fix! Anyway thank you for nice fix!
:savews:

Nah, it would have been pointless for me to keep going since we would have ended up doing the exact same things.

But as I said, it's perfectly viable to use my .ba2 file then pick and choose what you want from daisuke's mod. Right now I'm using his BarterMenu, containtermenu, and workshop while keeping the adjustments I've made to everything else.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 06:28 

So to summarize the whole thread thus far for newcomers.

First download this mod, it allows you to edit Fallout's INI files without hunting them down, set resolutions, change FOV, the works.

Next you're going to need to make a couple changes to INI files. To fix the Power Armor HUD follow the directions found here. Then if you're at a resolution taller than 1080 change bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1 to 0 in your Fallout4Pref.ini to avoid a weird shadow box on 80% of the screen.

For ultra widescreen resolutions you'll want to download Ci7rus' interface file and Replace \Fallout 4\Data\Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 with his version.

Last you'll want to install Daisuke's Widescreen Fix.

Once you've done all of this the interface shouldn't be overtly broken and you can enjoy Fallout at 21:9. Wish Bethesda had done all this work for us, but I'm glad it's working.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 14:27 

Amoveo wrote:
Then if you're at a resolution taller than 1080 change bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting=1 to 0 in your Fallout4Pref.ini to avoid a weird shadow box on 80% of the screen.

That only seems to happen on 7-series Nvidia cards. I had a 780ti and upgraded to a 980ti last week and no longer experience that issue.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 12:53 

Heads up: I posted a solution to unintended wallhacking with extra-wide displays here:

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p162988

The important part says to merge two revised near clip values into Fallout4.ini. Here's the same ini snippet from the referenced post, but with numbers that would probably work better for 21:9.

Code:
[Display]
fNear1stPersonDistance=0.8
fNearDistance=12.0000

I don't actually have a 21:9 display, so tweaking is left as an exercise to the reader. :)

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 18:08 

Wallfix works great for me Aiken Drum, thanks!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2015, 17:08 

Havent been here in awhile, do these updates fix the scope issue? Im using the old scope fix where the whole screen is shown instead of a black circle in the middle, have we found a cure for this yet?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 13:57 

Hello,
I use 21:9 res to play Fallout 4 (2560x1080)
and, also use this widescreen fix
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/274/?

but, when I use v.a.t.s system
my UI is wrong.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 00:43 

chenkb wrote:
Hello,
I use 21:9 res to play Fallout 4 (2560x1080)
and, also use this widescreen fix
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/274/?

but, when I use v.a.t.s system
my UI is wrong.

I dont know man, this thread is all but dead. The triple monitor thread has 55 pages, you could try to use those files and make it work for 21:9. The last update broke my game and using the updated files causes problems with 21:9.

Best we can do is hope HaYden releases a plugin for flawless widescreen but at this rate I don't really see it happening.

Good luck! Be sure to post any tips or your solution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next