Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 21:9
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 13:15 

ci7rus thank u man u made my day

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 17:43 

Well then how come fallout new vegas supports eyefinity

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 13:32 

Ci7rus wrote:
Another update, this time the compass shade has been fixed.

Courtesy of Demon655 from Nexus: hudmenu.swf->Shapes->Shape(416)->shapeBounds set xMin=-4000, xMax=4000

2560x1080
3440x1440

Hi,

First of all thank you very much Ci7rus for the fix.

Can someone tell me how to remove the shade in the ui, especially in the quick weapon selection menu like in the pic above ? When I first installed the fix the green shade were all gone. Not sure how that happened; yesterday I was messing with nexus mod manager and I realized my interface.bsa file was gone from the data folder. So I restored the fix and now the shade are all back. I can't figure how to make them go away or what I did wrong...

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 04:59 

Nevermind I found why it did this. Steam reseted my interface file when I checked the game for file integrity. And I restored the fix in the wrong location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\interface instead of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 11:36 

Great work Ci7rus, thank you so much.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 18:20 

Minor update, I managed to find the background shade in the barter menu and aligned it better. Bad news is that it's tied to the upper and lower brackets so I can't try and fill it all the way across or delete it completely without making things worse. I can try and shove everything else towards the middle and into the shade but yeah...that's going to be the opposite of fun and might not even work, so for now it is what it is.

Grab the update here.

EDIT: I was just informed that the brackets are drawn by an actionScript function so this is probably as good as it'll get from me, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come save us all soon lol.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2015, 18:49 

I started up some Action Script programming a few years back due to Scaleform UI in UE3, so I could take a look at it..

..But I gave all that up and now my tools don't work anymore since I switched OS, so I wouldn't be much help now anyway. PITA to reinstall everything; probably going to have to load my old registry hives, try to find the directories, export and change things around then import them and copy folders over.. Still probably easier than a full reinstall of the suite though.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 04:02 

Hey guys, I recommend keeping tabs on Widescreen Fixes and replacing my files with his as he releases them.

As of now I'm going to stop updating since Daisuke looks like he has things well in hand and is making great progress.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 18:05 

Ci7rus wrote:
Hey guys, I recommend keeping tabs on Widescreen Fixes and replacing my files with his as he releases them.

As of now I'm going to stop updating since Daisuke looks like he has things well in hand and is making great progress.

Thanks for the heads-up. And thanks for all the work you have done up until now. It really has been appreciated. :twothumb:

:TrueWS:

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 03:40 

Anyone else experiencing rendering glitches with shadows disappearing based on camera position (video), low quality close shadows near corners of screen (they visibly degrade, easy to test on npcs), or environmental objects disappearing near the corner of the screen?

My camera is also clipping through walls and stuff when parallel to them, but I think that's from my FoV of 100. Skyrim had the same problem, but I never saw the above happen.

There's also heavy pixelation with volumetric lighting that I also can't find the source of. Is affected by godray quality and turns into blurry aliasing at higher quality.

So many things still wrong with the game after 2 weeks of troubleshooting..

Edit: And the power armor UI is still atrocious, even with Ci7rus' fixes, even with Daisuke's fixes, even with the clear HUD. This is how it looks after tweaking values mentioned on the steam guide (of which presets didn't work): http://i.imgur.com/dragFus.png

Why is it so broken?

Turns out changing fDefaultFoV affects the power armor HUD, and only the power armor HUD as far as I can see. Removed it from the .ini, now the scaling is right, aside from the rain effect still being in 16:9.

Workshop UI is also broken and still has yet to be fixed by any UI mods. Slowly being fixed by Daisuke, yay.

Last edited by DAOWAce on 28 Nov 2015, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next