Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 04:45 

So I got this game today and was super frustrated to find that it was stretched, however this video gave me hope that the game could be fixed so the game world at least isn't stretched.

Turns out all I had to do was crank up the FOV slider and it looks great. I mean the HUD is a little stretched but the game looks fine. The render resolution/display resolution is a great feature too for minimizing the performance impact of an ultrawide monitor.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2016, 14:48 
it looks like black ops 3 has been fixed, or has it?

the problem i have using a dell 21:9 curved display 120 fov:

running around hip firing is just as expected and works great - but when i aim down site there is a massive decrease in scroll speed, making aiming feel unatural due to the decrease in cross hair move speed compared to hip fire cross hair movement speed (for want of a beter words)

in testing the issue was always there even at 1080p across all cod games to the point it wasnt an issue, now i have arrived at 3440x1440p 21:9 this none issue has been exagerated to the point its killing my game play.

i doubt many in the cod world will understand what i am saying or even care, i am used to finishing top 2 in most games since cod's birth, now i am finishing anybodys guess. i put this down to aiming down site and a combination of this resolution at such a high FOV.

anybody know what i am saying? could there be a fix? Cod is my go to game and its getting to the point that im thinking of going back to a 16:9 display and that thought is extrmemley depressing having tasted the creme de la creme imo. im very sad atm any help would be muh appriciated

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 04:44 

Guest wrote:
it looks like black ops 3 has been fixed, or has it?

the problem i have using a dell 21:9 curved display 120 fov:

running around hip firing is just as expected and works great - but when i aim down site there is a massive decrease in scroll speed, making aiming feel unatural due to the decrease in cross hair move speed compared to hip fire cross hair movement speed (for want of a beter words)

in testing the issue was always there even at 1080p across all cod games to the point it wasnt an issue, now i have arrived at 3440x1440p 21:9 this none issue has been exagerated to the point its killing my game play.

i doubt many in the cod world will understand what i am saying or even care, i am used to finishing top 2 in most games since cod's birth, now i am finishing anybodys guess. i put this down to aiming down site and a combination of this resolution at such a high FOV.

anybody know what i am saying? could there be a fix? Cod is my go to game and its getting to the point that im thinking of going back to a 16:9 display and that thought is extrmemley depressing having tasted the creme de la creme imo. im very sad atm any help would be muh appriciated

At least its not totally stretched, its mainly just the HUD, and menus, and the main menu backgorund loops... I just need better control input to compensate for the UWS... I'm now running 4180 x 1440p @144Hz.

16G DDR3 RAM, Dual GTX 980s, Intel 6-Core 990X CPU @3.75 Ghz (OC), Sony 43 inch 4KTV (center display in Landscape mode) two 1280p 24" monitors (attached to center display in Portrait mode), Windows 7 64-Bit on 2TB Western Digital Black HD, Windows 10 64-Bit on WD 1.5TB Green. PDP Stealth Xbox ONE Wired Controller for decreased latency.