Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 09:54 

Hello~

I did not find any topic talking about this game to fix Surround in it, so i decided to post one & ask if there is any possible fix? hope i can find someone who can make 11520x2160 work on this game please!

Tried with Hex-Editor but didn't work well like it worked for me with MGSV :doh:

Here is the game exe file on Mega Upload:

(link removed)

I alrdy did change hex from 39 8E E3 3F to AB AA AA 40 ; w ;

Thanks! <3

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 12:14 

Yeah, I was completely floored by this myself. The original has a Gold rating and runs so damn good in Surround/Eyefinity. Yet this release has dropped support completely. That was like 7 or 8 years ago also when that was a super niche configuration. Fast forward to now when it is becoming extremely popular, and high quality large IPS/PLS panels that have superb color reproduction can be found for very cheap. The 3 x 27" 1080p panels I bought for my son a few weeks ago cost $400 for all three. That's as much or less then the price of One good screen just a few years ago, and they look 5x better.

Oh, sorry, I am dragging myself off topic. The deal with DMC4 Special edition seems to be with the engine itself. The changes they made to this new revision of the engine handle certain things differently. There used to be an adjust function that would correctly recalculate and adjust the output image for aspect ratios that were uncommon or that it was unfamiliar with. With this new iteration of the engine they (with their all knowing and infinite wisdom) removed that and replaced it. 4096 seems to be the maximum rendering width now. So kind of similar to Black-Ops 2 and Warframe perhaps. Anything wider then that just ends up as a solid black screen. So depending on how the new engine works it can probably be fixed. I am a hardware guy myself though, so I certainly don't have the prowess to fix it. I know next to nothing about game engines or how the spacial reasoning is tied to the actual game logic. It is probably done differently in every engine. Although there might be a similar system in a lot of engines depending on the uses and limitations of the most widely used programming languages. That is just speculation though based on the few deductions I can make with the extremely small amount of knowledge I possess. Again I find myself babbling.

Perhaps writing a post about this in the Widescreen Fixer, and Flawless Widescreen threads would bear fruit.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 23:40 

Same problem , can't get it working on 21/9 ultrawide :/

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2015, 06:02 
Insiders
Insiders

If any of you can run on one graphics card, try borderless windowed solution. It's bit rough, not yet actually tested, but has very strong chance of succeeding.

In-game options menu, Aspect Correction OFF (if exists). Save-point. Quit. Edit config.ini at either (uncertain): %USERPROFILE%\Documents\capcom\... OR %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\capcom\.... Resolution=####x#### (yours, + border = borderless), Fullscreen=OFF, (& maybe Aspect=OFF, if Aspect exists). ShiftWindow (same nums & to position).

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 13:11 

imusrt wrote:
If any of you can run on one graphics card, try borderless windowed solution. It's bit rough, not yet actually tested, but has very strong chance of succeeding.

In-game options menu, Aspect Correction OFF (if exists). Save-point. Quit. Edit config.ini at either (uncertain): %USERPROFILE%\Documents\capcom\... OR %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\capcom\.... Resolution=####x#### (yours, + border = borderless), Fullscreen=OFF, (& maybe Aspect=OFF, if Aspect exists). ShiftWindow (same nums & to position).

Tried but not working well, black screen.