Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 10:45 

NewMNT wrote:
Garwinski wrote:
Hi, how do I use the exe? Would be very nice to not have to start the game, start cheatengine, apply the fixes and then game every time I want to play. Thanks for your work non the less! I stopped playing the game when I noticed those annoying sections when weather effects or something were active. I can play again! Thanks!

The exe includes cheatengine and the cheat table all in one file. You just start it first and when you're in game press F1 to enable fixes, or F3 to disable fixes. The exe doesn't apply the fov fix though, because the value must be set manually in cheatengine and the exe has no way to input values.

The F1 and F3 keys should work in the regular cheatengine CT file version you're using now, but fov still must be enabled and set manually.

Either way you still have to start cheatengine or the standalone exe version before you start the game.

Ah thanks! Clicking two shortcuts (your exe and starting the game itself) is still more user-friendly than going trough the cheatengine thingy. Tried it just now and it works! Thanks for your work! Of to playing the game now!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 10:56 

Obviously, if you don'tneed to change the fov value ingame there is no good reason to start cheat engine and load the script while an exe can do the same more easily.
But, for some reasons, sometimes the script aspect ratio auto calculation may fail because of some exotics display resolution and thus the exe will fail the same.
This is where the script is useful for, leaving you the ability to change the X and Y aspect ratio to fix that.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 18:18 

Hey guys I just got my first ultrawide its the pg348q. I wanted to fix MGS V so I started reading this topic. First thing I tried was to apply Jackfuste's .exe file for 3440 x 1440 version 1.0.7.1 but when I launch the game it just crashes. Also i noticed that Jackfuste's exe is 78 MB and mine is 99 MB. After that I decided to try NIghtbits patcher and that worked for me. The game launched and I was able to choose my resolution. After that I opened the cheat engine file mgsvtpp_1.1.0.0+ and that fixed the markers and everything was working properly except for the sniper scope. It wouldn't fill the whole screen when zoomed in.

Is that normal or is there a way to fix the sniper scope as well? Also why doesn't Jackfuste's exe hack work with my game (steam)?

Also Thanks to all the people that got this game playable for me! Your patches, fixes and tutorials helped out big time!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 19:28 

Jackfuste's patch is for an older version (not updated anymore), the scope is what it is.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 14:19 

Hey guys is there anyway around using Cheatengine to fix the markers? Ever since I installed Cheat Engine my PC keeps detecting it as a trojan/malware, I have since removed it because I was getting pop ups when I started up my PC to upgrade Chromium.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 15:31 

You mean using Cheat Engine with the script provided ?
If so, I've never encountered any similar behavior. Using an exe made with CE probably, but the Cheat Engine app itself never.
I suggest you make an exception in your AV otherwise change it. Enough are available for free.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 16:28 

K4sh wrote:
You mean using Cheat Engine with the script provided ?
If so, I've never encountered any similar behavior. Using an exe made with CE probably, but the Cheat Engine app itself never.
I suggest you make an exception in your AV otherwise change it. Enough are available for free.

By script provided do you mean the MGS file? This is just an issue with CE itself. During installation it prompted me to install additional bloatware, which I declined, but somehow it proceeded to install Chromium and other suspicious software without me knowing. Windows Defender also detected all versions of the CE exe as a Trojan. I've used Malwarebytes which detected the Chromium bit and removed it but occasionally I was getting pop ups when I start up my PC even after removing it. I have since also used ADWCleaner which detected something with Chrome so I removed those (unsure if it's related to what CE installed) and also used Windows Defender to remove CE. I haven't had any pop-ups since "completely" removing CE but will monitor it going forward. I am very hesitant to reinstall it. I downloaded CE from the CE official website.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 16:45 

Ok bind777.
I got the previous version which, if i rember well , doesn't have that crap softwares included.
You can still download that version. Going to official website lead me to the download page where it's possible to have it.
It links to github where the 6.5.1 can be downloaded.
CE 6.5.1

Should you have any other problem with bloatwares included in that version provided you can get the source code and compile it if you have any programing knowledge.
Otherwise, i suggest you ask directly in CE forums for any compiled version without those craps.

There's nothing more i can do.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 17:13 

K4sh wrote:
Ok bind777.
I got the previous version which, if i rember well , doesn't have that crap softwares included.
You can still download that version. Going to official website lead me to the download page where it's possible to have it.
It links to github where the 6.5.1 can be downloaded.
CE 6.5.1

Should you have any other problem with bloatwares included in that version provided you can get the source code and compile it if you have any programing knowledge.
Otherwise, i suggest you ask directly in CE forums for any compiled version without those craps.

There's nothing more i can do.

I appreciate it, K4sh. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017, 19:03 

ChoGGi wrote:
Jackfuste's patch is for an older version (not updated anymore), the scope is what it is.

Thanks for letting me know man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next