Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 07 Mar 2021, 16:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 87  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2016, 08:37 
Offline

Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 15:28
Posts: 13
Game is absolute good and have more then 200H playtime but it suck hard not having 21:9 support.I ve been reading these pages and,Hex editing and that cheat engine is very hard terms for me. Can some lovely person PM me for detailed instructions. (Assuming i will buy from STEAM so lastest patch).Thanks for future help :)

_________________
Asus PG348Q-Asus STRIX GTX 1080-- Corsair Obsidian 900D-Core i7 6700k-Asus Z170 Sabertooth


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 07:26 
Offline

Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 15:54
Posts: 54
Quote:
Easy method:
For some resolutions you can just use this patcher by NightBits
https://github.com/NightBits/NightBitsM ... atcher.exe
For a list see: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 71#p163771

Then grab a copy of mgsvtpp_1.1.0.0.CT.7z from below, and use F1/F3 to toggle fixes in-game


1. Open *\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\mgsvtpp.exe in hex editor (back it up first).

2. Search for 39 8E E3 3F (in hex).
Attachment:
SearchHex.png

3. Replace 39 8E E3 3F with the value for your resolution (using AB AA AA 40 for 5760x1080 in image).
Make sure you replace the values, don't add them (if the file sizes are different you did it wrong).
For other resolutions see: http://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
Attachment:
mgsvtppHEX1.png
Attachment:
mgsvtppHEX2.png
The offset on the left may be different if the exe is a different version (you can ignore it).

4. Save the file, close the HEX editor, and start the game.
5. When the game has loaded into a map; Alt-Tab and run Cheat Engine (CE).
6. Press the pulsating red/green button, and select mgsvtpp.exe.
7. Drag and drop mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.CT on the CE window.

8. Select the checkbox next to Markers fix, when it expands select the next three checkboxes. It should look something like:
Attachment:
CheatEngine.png
If it looks like:
Attachment:
WrongCE.png

Then try it without DSR.

9. Alt-Tab back into the game and enjoy.



If you can't find the download link to the CE file:
https://choggi.org/games/mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1a.7z
Please do not link to this file, link to this thread/post.

I didn't create it, I'm just hosting a copy.
Please give credit where credit is due (K4sh/Jackfuste/ekrboi).
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p165768
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p160680


Edit: New version of the CT file edited by NewMNT (has weather overlay fixes and uses F1/F3 to toggle):
https://choggi.org/games/mgsvtpp_1.1.0.0.CT.7z
Please do not link to this file, link to this thread/post.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 86#p168386
in-game press F1 to enable, and F3 to disable. You don't need to fiddle with the checkboxes anymore.
There is also a standalone exe in the above link if you don't need to change FOV.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
http://choggi.org/specs


Last edited by ChoGGi on 27 Jun 2017, 05:37, edited 14 times in total.

Top
  
 
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 16:08 
Offline

Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 15:28
Posts: 13
ChoGGi wrote:
1. Open *\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\mgsvtpp.exe in hex editor (back it up first).

2. Search for 39 8E E3 3F (in hex).
Attachment:
SearchHex.png

3. Replace 39 8E E3 3F with the value for your resolution (using AB AA AA 40 for 5760x1080 in image).
Make sure you replace the values, don't add them (if the file sizes are different you did it wrong).
For other resolutions see: http://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
Attachment:
mgsvtppHEX1.png
Attachment:
mgsvtppHEX2.png
The offset on the left may be different if the exe is a different version (you can ignore it).

4. Save the file, and start the game.
5. When the game has loaded into a map; Alt-Tab and run Cheat Engine (CE).
6. Press the pulsating red/green button, and select mgsvtpp.exe.
7. Drag and drop mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+.CT on the CE window.

8. Select the checkbox next to Markers fix, when it expands select the next three checkboxes. It should look something like:
Attachment:
CheatEngine.png
If it looks like:
Attachment:
WrongCE.png

Then try it without DSR.

9. Alt-Tab back into the game and enjoy.



If you can't find the download link to the CE file:
http://choggi.org/games/mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+a.7z

Please do not link to this file, link to this thread.
I didn't create it, I'm just hosting a copy.
Please give credit where credit is due (K4sh/Jackfuste/ekrboi).
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p165768
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p160680


Ok thanks i managed it but can i CLOSE the APP after done it eats memory and CPU usage ?

_________________
Asus PG348Q-Asus STRIX GTX 1080-- Corsair Obsidian 900D-Core i7 6700k-Asus Z170 Sabertooth


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 00:12 
Offline

Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 15:54
Posts: 54
You can close the hex editor as soon as you've saved your edit, CE needs should to be kept running (until you close MSGV).

_________________
http://choggi.org/specs


Last edited by ChoGGi on 05 Jan 2017, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 23:18 
Offline

Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:05
Posts: 145
This cheat table has been developed so that it should not required lots of memory and CPU usage.
It has never behaved that way for me.

You can check Both the markers fix and fov fix and edit them as you wish. Once this is done, you can close the Cheat engine as the new routines will have been injected.
But, if for some reason you want to undo the fixes (by unchecking) you should not be able to as loading again the cheat table will not allow you to do so.

So i suggest leaving the program running in background.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 14:46 
Offline

Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 15:28
Posts: 13
K4sh wrote:
This cheat table has been developed so that it should not required lots of memory and CPU usage.
It has never behaved that way for me.

You can check Both the markers fix and fov fix and edit them as you wish. Once this is done, you can close the Cheat engine as the new routines will have been injected.
But, if for some reason you want to undo the fixes (by unchecking) you should not be able to as loading again the cheat table will not allow you to do so.

So i suggest leaving the program running in background.


Thanks for help very appreciated. Also what does CE exactly do ? I tried ON / OFF did not notice anything. Lastly I downloaded mgsvtpp_1.0.7.1+a (1).7z choggi provided is it optimized for 3440x1440 ? Thanks and sorry for noob questions :oops:

_________________
Asus PG348Q-Asus STRIX GTX 1080-- Corsair Obsidian 900D-Core i7 6700k-Asus Z170 Sabertooth


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 17:24 
Offline

Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 15:54
Posts: 54
The CE table aligns the markers over people/objects, and adjusts the FOV (if you pick that option).
It's for any resolution (though I don't think 4:3 works too well).

_________________
http://choggi.org/specs


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 18:56 
Offline

Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:05
Posts: 145
The cheat table optimise the markers for your game resolution. It is a fix as enabling widescreen in game (larger than 16/9 ratio) will make the game markers go crazy and float anywhere.
The fov toggle is only there to allow you to modify your viewing angle. It is not a fix.

The fix provided with the cheat table retrieves the memory adress where relevant informations are stored.
Thus, these informations will be used in a new code injected into the game. This new code is only a couple of bytes more than the orginal code.
It should have no impact on your framerate or anything else.
To enable the fix, an extra memory allocation is done. It's only a few kilo bytes. Nothing that you should fear about regarding the memory quantity embedded in computers nowadays.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 13:51 
Offline

Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 15:28
Posts: 13
K4sh wrote:
The cheat table optimise the markers for your game resolution. It is a fix as enabling widescreen in game (larger than 16/9 ratio) will make the game markers go crazy and float anywhere.
The fov toggle is only there to allow you to modify your viewing angle. It is not a fix.

The fix provided with the cheat table retrieves the memory adress where relevant informations are stored.
Thus, these informations will be used in a new code injected into the game. This new code is only a couple of bytes more than the orginal code.
It should have no impact on your framerate or anything else.
To enable the fix, an extra memory allocation is done. It's only a few kilo bytes. Nothing that you should fear about regarding the memory quantity embedded in computers nowadays.


Roger that Today i noticed this is this common or not ? Thanks Image

_________________
Asus PG348Q-Asus STRIX GTX 1080-- Corsair Obsidian 900D-Core i7 6700k-Asus Z170 Sabertooth


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 14:10 
Offline

Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:05
Posts: 145
I assume this flaw is seen when wind is blowing.
I couldn't reproduce it myself. Using and understanding jackfuste original fix i didn't see any improvement by including it in my cheat table.
So i decided to remove that fix from it.
Sorry but you'll have to deal with it.


Top
  
 
 [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 87  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group