Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2015, 01:56 

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker first time poster, so be please be gentle. :wave: So I recently managed to get into the HOTS Alpha, but much to my excitement I was unable to get the game to run at my native resolution of 3440x1440. After a quick google and looking at the very select few posts that were available about this topic it looks like the game does not support 3440x1440 for some reason. I was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming fixes to fix this issue, or if there is a way to adjust the resolution. I have tried looking for a config file and editing the launch icon with resolution arguments but no joy as it only allows me to put the resolution up to 2560x1440.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sam

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2015, 16:34 
Founder
Founder

Given that it's an alpha, there will probably be limited resolutions support, as well as a limited amount of knowledge for fixes. You're one of only a handful of people with access to the game. ^_^

If you didn't see anything in the config, have you tried searching the registry?

I did a Google and found that it runs on the Starcraft II engine. That game doesn't support FOV wider than 16:9. May not be much hope.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 00:41 

skipclarke wrote:
Given that it's an alpha, there will probably be limited resolutions support, as well as a limited amount of knowledge for fixes. You're one of only a handful of people with access to the game. ^_^

If you didn't see anything in the config, have you tried searching the registry?

I did a Google and found that it runs on the Starcraft II engine. That game doesn't support FOV wider than 16:9. May not be much hope.

Hi Skipclarke,

Thanks for the quick reply. I also noticed that HOTS is based on the SC2 engine, and I completely agree for that very reason It may never support 3440x1440, but we can still hope! :onethumb:

I had a quick browse through the registry but yet again could not really find any entries relating to the resolution. I have posted an comment on the Battle.net forums and will see if anyone from Blizzard gets back to me. If someone does I will keep you updated.

Many thanks for the help.

Sam