Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 18:07 

Hello,

I tried using WSF (and also Flawless Widescreen) for Mass Effect 1 but Flawless Widescreen did nothing (Works for all my other games such as Diablo 3, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, etc.) and WSF was unusable due to the aiming reticle being off to the left so I could not properly aim so I settled with a wierd sub-HD resolution to play that one at.

Now I'm on 2, and again, Flawless Widescreen does nothing and WSF only seems to zoom out. The top and bottom of the HUD is cut off so I cannot see any dialog options at all. I am running Fullscreen 2560x1080 and have activated the fix (using the * key).

My setup is 1 2560x1080 monitor, Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 and Intel i5-3570k.

Due to the ridiculous FOV on this one, I simply cannot play at a sub-HD resolution in order to fill the entire screen again as it makes me feel queasy.

Can anyone help me out? I see that FWS is supposed to fix the HUD issues so by combining that and WSF for the FOV issues it should work great, but since WSF makes no changes on either Mass Effect 1 or 2 I'm not sure how to proceed and FWS forums are dead.