Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016, 00:55 

I just got the urge to boot this game up, though I would be doing so for the first time on my 21:9 monitor... hence, me coming here to check out the support beforehand. Disappointing, though not unexpected, to find out there's no viable option to enjoying this great game in true widescreen glory! Damn. I also own a fully-legit Uplay copy, for the common knowledge. Up.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2016, 17:17 

Up from me too.
Splinter Cell Blacklist was one of the game I really wanted to replay since I got a 21:9 monitor, but I can't stand playing with those horrible black bars.
I raise the game by placing in a reward :)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2016, 12:10 
Insiders
Insiders

czarman wrote:
I found a Solution but its VERT- so we still need to find the FOV to make a STEAM/UPlay Version proper HOR+
If anybody has a FOV Solution...until then....

There is apparently a DesiredFOV value in the executable. This topic is long after the release of the final patch, so it should still be applicable to the current version (I don't have this game to check it myself).

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2016, 15:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes i am aware of that FOV Entry in the EXE but changing the Value does do nothing......

PostPosted: 10 May 2016, 13:29 

wanted to try this game, never really got into it, but the lack of 21:9 support makes me not want to play this game at the moment :p Their is a support ticket coming in for the developers. Ticket submitted with Ubi support, after two weeks nothing I chatted with someone today and she made a ticket with the developers. She warned me not to get my hopes up though, as it is a relative old game, and I see that more people opened tickets for this problem but got negative feedback. I will let you guys know.

PostPosted: 30 May 2016, 14:38 

So..., i got it but only for offline gaming;(.....

I have the game original in Uplay, download the noCD Files for Version 1.03. Copy them to the Game Folder and start the Game with the Tool "loader_blacklist_dx11_game.exe" from user jackfuste. So this loader works for Version 1.03;)

Perfect the game is now in 21:9 ;)

Now my problem; with the noCD i can't play online because there is a extra uplay_r1_loader.dll there and i have to overwrite my original one.
When i use my original uplay_r1_loader.dll with the noCD files and "loader_blacklist_dx11_game.exe", the game starts (online) but not with 21:9 format.

So i think there must be a entry in this original dll file to deaktivate the black bars on 21:9.
I try to search it with a hex editor but i cant find a entry, maybe another one here got this skills??

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 12:24 

Sub200 wrote:
So..., i got it but only for offline gaming;(.....

I have the game original in Uplay, download the noCD Files for Version 1.03. Copy them to the Game Folder and start the Game with the Tool "loader_blacklist_dx11_game.exe" from user jackfuste. So this loader works for Version 1.03;)

Perfect the game is now in 21:9 ;)

Now my problem; with the noCD i can't play online because there is a extra uplay_r1_loader.dll there and i have to overwrite my original one.
When i use my original uplay_r1_loader.dll with the noCD files and "loader_blacklist_dx11_game.exe", the game starts (online) but not with 21:9 format.

So i think there must be a entry in this original dll file to deaktivate the black bars on 21:9.
I try to search it with a hex editor but i cant find a entry, maybe another one here got this skills??

It would be great if you found a solution to get the legal game working with widescreen! I think I will just spring for a crack for the moment, as the developers cant/wont fix it themselves... It is not ideal, but so is gaming in 16:9 on a 21:9 monitor! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2016, 21:58 

Can anyone re-upload the fix by Jack (Thank you for finding a fix) ?

Someone must have downloaded it.

Its driving me nuts trying to find a solution.

Thanks,

TMB

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 13:27 

Must be simply a false positive, since jackfuste's fixes always work correctly and haven't done anything malicious as far as I know.