Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Laptop and 3 monitors
PostPosted: 25 May 2016, 21:14 

I recently purchased a MSI GT80S Titan and want to add 3 monitors around it. I was looking at 1x3 Quad Desk Stand but am not sure how that will look so someone suggested that I come here and ask.
I've been leaning towards a 4 monitor pyramid setup but since the laptop only sits 14" high, I'm afraid that the 2 side monitors will be too high and distance between the laptop and top monitor will leave a large gap so I'm looking for suggestions on what you would do in this situation.

I'm accustomed to a dual monitor setup with both being at the same height so I'm not sure if I would like a reverse pyramid setup with the laptop being below and the 3 monitors above. If someone has pictures of a setup that includes a laptop, I would love to see pictures.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin the CabinetGuy

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 16:36 
Editors
Editors

Do you use an external Keyboard and Mouse for the Laptop? Does the Laptop open 180° or at least 150°
If you can Plug all the cables and then hide the Laptop in a custom built Holding Cage so the screen Shows atop the middle Monitor, wouldn't that be neat?

PostPosted: 30 May 2016, 03:39 
Founder
Founder

Sorry, I don't have any pics with a laptop. You can see my older "3 over 1" setup here. It was 22" on top, and 29 ultrawide on the bottom.

https://youtu.be/Rf7FcIgkgDY

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 17:57 

Hopefully someone might have an answer to this as I've been unable to find anything more definitive in this thread.

Planning on mounting 3 Dell U2713HM monitors. I know they will fit because I recall seeing that the stands will support monitors up to 25.5" in width, the Dells come in at 25.3. Not a lot of wiggle room, maybe enough.

My question is this: Due to how my desk is set up, I need to be able to angle the wings in to fit properly and so I can actually see all three monitors. Will there be enough room left over to allow this?

Pic included to show the angles I need.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2016, 02:15 

OldQuack wrote:
Hopefully someone might have an answer to this as I've been unable to find anything more definitive in this thread.

Planning on mounting 3 Dell U2713HM monitors. I know they will fit because I recall seeing that the stands will support monitors up to 25.5" in width, the Dells come in at 25.3. Not a lot of wiggle room, maybe enough.

My question is this: Due to how my desk is set up, I need to be able to angle the wings in to fit properly and so I can actually see all three monitors. Will there be enough room left over to allow this?

(Image removed)

Hello OldQuack,

I'm currently running ASUS (3) PG279Q with (1) PG278Q above 3+1 configuration. These PG279Q monitors are 27", however the physical width of these are just under 24 1/2". I can tell you that I can have some pretty sharp angles to turn in the outside monitors. But in order to really give you an answer - I would need to know the angle you need.

I would suggest taking a picture with a protractor showing the angle from the center monitor.

-b0n3z

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 01:50 

OldQuack wrote:

Hi OldQuack, I have three Acer XB271HU, with the side monitors mounted at 43 degrees with respect to the middle one. It seems like I can go all the way to 90 degrees if I want to. It's not that clear (in the second image) but the 5-segment bar ends at around the top edge of the G27 rim.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 04:26 
Founder
Founder

I just wanted to drop a quote note to thank you guys for helping each other out, and being a great community. THANKS!

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 05:59 

Would I be able to use this stand with a center 21:9 Monitor and two 27-Inch ASUS VX279Q monitors, if not I will have to get another 27 inch which is ok but the 21:9 be really cool to have. Thanks for the input

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2016, 17:06 

steven12153 wrote:
Would I be able to use this stand with a center 21:9 Monitor and two 27-Inch ASUS VX279Q monitors, if not I will have to get another 27 inch which is ok but the 21:9 be really cool to have. Thanks for the input

Hello steven12153 :welcome ,

21:9 is an aspect ratio. There are a few different size monitors that support this aspect ratio. What model where thinking of using? I would also keep in mind that if you wanted to use nVidia surround - it's suggested to have 3 of the same resolution monitors. I'm not familiar with ATi Eyefinity, but it may also require or prefer a similar setup.

-b0n3z

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2016, 00:54 

I see this stand ""only"" supports 24-25" monitors on either side of a 34" ultrawide.

I have a 34" ultrawide flanked by 2x 27" panels, are there any sort of mods I can do to this stand to accommodate my setup? Or will I just have to wait for a version 3?

Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next