Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 29 Feb 2016, 16:57 

Ok thks for the update.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 22:06 

Hello, I'm new to these forums so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I currently have 1 ASUS PG249Q (27"), 2x ASUS VG248QEs (24"), and I plan on buying an Ultrawide (possibly 29") sometime in the future. I have two issues that I need advice on.

Issue 1: I plan on eventually mounting all 4 monitors (3 bottom, 1 top) but it seems like Amazon only sells the Ergotech Quad Stand with non-telescoping arms. I need the one with telescoping arms in order to mount one 27" and two 24" on the bottom successfully right? They do sell a Triple Stand with telescoping arms, but that leads me to issue 2.

Issue 2: If I do buy the stand with telescoping arms, what extension would I need in order to hold a 29" Ultrawide monitor up top? I'm honestly not sure exactly which one I'll purchase yet, so let's assume http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM58-P-ultrawide-monitor would be it for now. I'm afraid the weight would cause the monitor to come crashing down, damaging it and my expensive PG249Q below it. :(

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

EDIT: Do you guys think this stand would suit my needs? http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Deluxe-Monitor-Standing-002-0030/dp/B00J3AVYQW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_229_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=31Qdh0to1kL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1DM9KAS07Z040BNWJQPW

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 22:21 
Founder
Founder

We're not fans of the telescoping arms, as they aren't as study as the solid bar. If you got an Ergotech Triple w/ Wings, you'd need the 1+3 upgrade kit we sell in our store to add the 4th monitor.

We sell the WSGF Edition stand from Ergotech - http://www.wsgf.org/products/wsgf-ultim ... k-stand-v2

Never heard of Pyramid, nor tried their stands. From my experience in the industry, that base don't look too stable.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 22:41 

Thank you so much for your quick reply, Skip. I actually just watched the review on Jayz YT channel for your Ultimate Desk Stand and I am sold. However, I was wondering if his one minor complaint has been addressed or not? The small issue where the top monitor can't extend out to line up with the bottom monitors? I'll probably eventually purchase regardless, but I was just wondering if there have been any changes to your edition of the stand since his review.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2016, 23:02 
Founder
Founder

At this point we haven't been able to work out a solution. I'm working with Ergotech to see what we can do for a future order. You could get the HD pivot we sell and put it in the +1 position. It is "deeper" than the standard fixed pivot in the below position. Not a cheap fix, but one option. Another would be to get some longer screws and use bushings or washers to help push out the +1 monitor.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2016, 17:18 

I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and just purchased an LG 34U88 to use as my main monitor. I have a vanilla Ergotech 3x1 mount for my existing 3xDell U2410 monitors.
I plan on eventually trying to do a P-[L/L]-P configuration, something like this:

Code:
┌───┬───────┬───┐
│   │   L   │   │
│ P ├───────┤ P │
│   │   L   │   │
└───┴───────┴───┘

I be using one of the Dells on the top for now, and eventually replacing that with another 34" in the future.
Let me know if you think this will work:
-34" (low) mounted on "mini bar" + HD pivot
-24" Dell in portrait on each end of 5-segment bar + adjustable pivot (might replace with something larger later to better match the height of the 2x34").
-34" (high) mounted on "mini bar" +HD pivot (would use one of the 24" Dells for now)

The 5-segment bar would be between the two mini bars, allowing to better centre the portrait screens, with no monitor in the middle position, just the two on the ends. I don't *think* just loading the ends would cause a problem, but that's why I'm asking. Also, how tall a pole do you think I'll need for the setup? 28" might be a little short.

To complete the setup (if it looks like it's viable), I'd need:
1x 5-segment bar
2x HD Pivot
2x Mini Bar
1x Tall Pole (36"?)

Thoughts? And thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2016, 18:10 
Founder
Founder

That looks like it would work. Not having done anything like this, I can't guarantee - but it all looks right. I have all the parts in stock, and all the parts except for the Mini Bar are in the online store. I can get you a price for two of those if you like.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 20:23 

Hey Skip,

I'm currently using a ErgoTechGroup Dual Monitor Vertical Stand (100-D28-B11) to hold up two 28" Asus 1080p displays and to the right of it I have a 34" LG 21:9. Picture Provided of my current setup.

I am looking at getting a Asus PG279Q as my primary gaming panel and I want to set up a 3+1 where the 27" is in the middle, the two 28" ones are flanking it, and the 34" LG is up top angled down.

I thought about adding wings to my current stand, but I feel the Ultimate Desk Stand V2 has a better base and the arms look beefier. I'm just concerned that the two 28" panels on the outside might not fit with the 27" in the middle. Looking at Asus's website the PG279Q is 24.4" wide and the two 28" panels are actually 26" wide, what are your thoughts? Will the WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand support this 3+1 config?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:44 
Founder
Founder

You should be good. The WSGF v2 is designed to hold 3x 25.5" wide monitors. Sum total, your monitors fit right within that.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 21:46 

skipclarke wrote:
You should be good. The WSGF v2 is designed to hold 3x 25.5" wide monitors. Sum total, your monitors fit right within that.

I noticed you are low on stock right now, and I'm going to order this 27" gaming monitor after my trip to England in May so by the time I order the monitor you should be back in stock. :D totally looking forward to it!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next