Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: 3x1
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 19:04 

My setup is 3 27" monitors side by side, and a 39" 4k monitor above. Is there anything here that would work?

Post subject: Re: 3x1
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 20:09 
Founder
Founder

Yes, the WSGF Ultimate v2 will work, if you purchase the XL pole with it.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2015, 20:41 

Hi skip, I am excited that the out of stock sale is back. I'm going to purchase a monitor stand! However, I am intending to do a 3x2 setup. How do I request parts for that type of setup? What additional parts do I need to purchase? What do you recommend? :)

I'm doing two rows with 2 on top, 3 on bottom:
[ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

All will be 24" monitors. One day I'd like to upgrade the whole set to 27" monitors.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 03:19 
Founder
Founder

rhill07 wrote:
Hi skip, I am excited that the out of stock sale is back. I'm going to purchase a monitor stand! However, I am intending to do a 3x2 setup. How do I request parts for that type of setup? What additional parts do I need to purchase? What do you recommend? :)

[ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

All will be 24" monitors. One day I'd like to upgrade the whole set to 27" monitors.

To do this with 24'" monitors, you can add this part to the order - http://www.wsgf.org/products/upgrade-kit-2x-bar.

To do it with 27" panels, you would need a standard "triple bar", which can be purchased from Ergotech here - http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/triple-cr ... xed-wings/ It costs $105. You could take the wings off while you had just 2x 24" panels.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 07:24 

skipclarke wrote:
rhill07 wrote:

[ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

To do this with 24'" monitors, you can add this part to the order - http://www.wsgf.org/products/upgrade-kit-2x-bar.

To do it with 27" panels, you would need a standard "triple bar", which can be purchased from Ergotech here - http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/triple-cr ... xed-wings/ It costs $105. You could take the wings off while you had just 2x 24" panels.

Whew, I am glad I checked back. Looks like you guys are running another out of stock sale until end of October, so starting to think about buying again.

Final question skip, I have a standing desk, meaning I mount my monitors quite high compared to the level of the keyboard. I've measured my current monitor setup, and my 1st row of monitors should be mounted around 18" off the desk and the second row should be 16" above that (second row should mount at 34" above the desk). As a result, I am thinking I need either the 36" or 48" pole to accommodate. Do you carry these? Can I request that one be swapped out of the standard poles, or do I need to order a longer pole from Ergotech? Any compatibility issues if I decide to do that?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 11:56 
Founder
Founder

rhill07 wrote:
Whew, I am glad I checked back. Looks like you guys are running another out of stock sale until end of October, so starting to think about buying again.

Final question skip, I have a standing desk, meaning I mount my monitors quite high compared to the level of the keyboard. I've measured my current monitor setup, and my 1st row of monitors should be mounted around 18" off the desk and the second row should be 16" above that (second row should mount at 34" above the desk). As a result, I am thinking I need either the 36" or 48" pole to accommodate. Do you carry these? Can I request that one be swapped out of the standard poles, or do I need to order a longer pole from Ergotech? Any compatibility issues if I decide to do that?

We sell the 36" pole in the store. You can get either from Ergotech if you wish. There are no compatibility issues. All of the parts are interchangeable. You'll just want to watch the weight distribution as you get them higher.

http://www.wsgf.org/products/upgrade-kit-xl-pole

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 07:51 

I understand that you are currently out of stock at the moment, but I am very interested in purchasing the ultimate v2 kit. I just have one major question... Will the kit be able to hold (3) ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q monitors in 3 x 1 landscape orientation? my main concern is whether I would be able to mount the monitors in a semi circle sort of shape? I absolutely would not like to have a completely flat 3 x 1 configuration.

If you could answer this, I would deeply appreciate :)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 23:36 
Founder
Founder

You can get about 25-35 degrees between the monitors.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 07:42 

I already asked this through the contact form just a little while ago but I figured I might as well ask here too in case it might be more quickly seen or so that other people with the same question might end up seeing the answer. Basically, my question was whether this stand would support 3 16:10 24" monitors (specifically, 1 Dell 2407WPFb and 2 Dell U2412m's) in portrait alongside 1 16:9 27" monitor (an Acer XB270HU) in landscape, all on the same level, as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/FYNNL1r.jpg. It's a weird configuration but I like it's functionality (portraits are great for text and landscape is great for games/movies, and since I don't like bezels in the middle of things as you get with multimonitor gaming this gives me the best of both worlds) and as such I don't really want to get rid of it, and this is the first reasonably priced stand I've found which *might* fit my needs. I know this stand is mainly targeted at 3x1-L (+1 optional on top) and 5x1-P but I figure dropping 2 portrait monitors in favor of one landscape one from the 5x1-P configuration *should* work out size-wise but I want to make sure before dropping $350 on something which doesn't fit my needs.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 14:24 
Founder
Founder

kaimason1 wrote:
I already asked this through the contact form just a little while ago but I figured I might as well ask here too in case it might be more quickly seen or so that other people with the same question might end up seeing the answer. Basically, my question was whether this stand would support 3 16:10 24" monitors (specifically, 1 Dell 2407WPFb and 2 Dell U2412m's) in portrait alongside 1 16:9 27" monitor (an Acer XB270HU) in landscape, all on the same level, as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/FYNNL1r.jpg. It's a weird configuration but I like it's functionality (portraits are great for text and landscape is great for games/movies, and since I don't like bezels in the middle of things as you get with multimonitor gaming this gives me the best of both worlds) and as such I don't really want to get rid of it, and this is the first reasonably priced stand I've found which *might* fit my needs. I know this stand is mainly targeted at 3x1-L (+1 optional on top) and 5x1-P but I figure dropping 2 portrait monitors in favor of one landscape one from the 5x1-P configuration *should* work out size-wise but I want to make sure before dropping $350 on something which doesn't fit my needs.

As I replied via the contact form, yes the stand will work. The 3x 24" panels will sit on the center and left arm segments. The right side of the arm has more than enough room for the single 27". Really cool setup.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next