Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 17:16 
Founder
Founder

Sorry this took so long to reply. It should all fit on the stand, no problems. I can't say for sure that the monitors will sit where you can set the bezels right next to each other.

Also, I'm assuming that you are centering the bottom set of monitors across the bar. If you put one in the actual middle, and another on the side, I can't say for sure how steady the setup will be. The stand is designed to stay upright while you load monitors, so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you are doing C/L or C/R, and leaving a gap on one side, you may end up needing to add some sort of counter weight. Centering the bottom set "as a whole" should work fine.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 11:05 

I have 3 23" Acer monitors along with an extra fourth 23" Asus that I'd like to use in a 3+1 configuration. My question is, would the Ultimate Stand v2 be too much for just a 3 monitor setup? My main concern is If i were to use my 23" acer's on the ultimate stand such that all monitors touch edge to edge, would there be parts of the arm that would be extended and visible beyond the edge of the monitor? Thanks!

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 05:49 
Founder
Founder

I don't think it would be too much - but I am biased. ;)

On my setup with 3x 21.5" panels, I have maybe two inches sticking out on each side. It is not very noticeable or distracting. With 23" panels, I imagine you'd hit it about right. I have my wireless headphones handing on the bar on one end.

You may get a hair showing when looking dead on the center, but IMHO it's nothing distracting. And you have room to grow.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 08:49 

Awesome to hear. The capability for upgrading is definitely a great point as I do intend to eventually upgrade to more panels. looks like I've made my decision! Thank you!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2014, 01:46 

Hello,

I have read carefully the page about the new stand "Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2" here :
http://www.wsgf.org/products/freedom-ws ... k-stand-v2

It looks formidable and i want one !

I just have one problem with the shipping. I live in Québec, Canada, and the information says you use UPS for shipping in Canada.

I really really HATE UPS so it is possible to ship with USPS instead ?

Before you ask why i hate UPS, here is a few reasons :
- they have terrible service in my area
- they want more money when I order internationally (sometimes it's like 50% of the price of what i ordered !)
- the UPS guys seems to always pass at strange hours, and in the end always have to go to their office to get my stuff

Usually i just avoid to order on websites when the only shipping option is UPS, but I really want a stand so it is possible to make an exception please ?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2014, 18:17 
Founder
Founder

I can do USPS shipping, though they are more expensive up front. Shipping will be about $100, if not a little more. This may save you money on the back-end, so it could be a win-win. I've had someone complain about the UPS costs after the fact, but never could get details on how much the charges actually were.

There may still be customs, taxes or import fees imposed by the Canadian government. You will still be responsible for those. I did a Google, and found this site to estimate. Looks like the taxes may be about $50, depending on your province.

http://www.crossbordershopping.ca/calcu ... calculator

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2014, 05:42 

Hello,

thank you !
No problem with the eventual customs and all. UPS charges them anyway PLUS a fee because they took care of it ! and the fee is very expensive...

I place my order now !

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2014, 14:35 

Hey there,
Was just wondering if i ordered in the next few days would the stand arrive in Australia by Christmas? If you know how quick the postage is, of course.

Cheers

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 04:50 
Founder
Founder

mattikinsmatt wrote:
Hey there,
Was just wondering if i ordered in the next few days would the stand arrive in Australia by Christmas? If you know how quick the postage is, of course.

Cheers

I can't make any promises for US or AUS postage. US postage claims 4-10 days, but AUS is on the absolutely high end of that average. I can say that if you order I ship same day, or next day (depending on time of order).

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 01:30 

Hello,

First off I'd like to say that the stand I got is working great. Handles my 3x Asus and 1x Benq monitors great. Anyway, two items to bring up...
1) All the vesa mounts that I received with the stand are the adjustable type... I thought that the center monitor mount was non-adjustable (no vertical adjustment).
2) One of the adjustable mounts is missing the c-clip on the vertical screw. This keeps the monitor/mount from lowering properly.

Looking forward to replacing my center 23" Asus monitor with the new Asus 27" ROG 1440p 144hz monitor.

Regards,
KB

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next