Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 02:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Find here a list of info captured about VR (I am getting this eventually, so researched it).

or not

BTW VR apparently also runs 2 graphics cards well, one for each eye.

Last edited by imusrt on 22 Oct 2016, 09:56, edited 25 times in total.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 14:31 
Editors
Editors

I see it in a similar way as you.
But As long as there is no decent hardware I don't even want to think about it ^^
First we need more pixels and A-sync in the Vr Headsets, then 144hz and MotionBlur reduction.
Then I will buy one.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2016, 22:55 
I honestly can’t wait for VR products to be easily available. I finally went to my 1st CES 2 weeks ago and theres a bunch of cool VR headsets heading our way this year.

One of the big ones I tested was the 3Glasses D2. They’re supposed to be shipping to North America this year for $399. SO much cheaper than the other ones I tried. Still has a great latency, FOV and refresh rate. I spoke with them for a few minutes when I was there … apparently they have a standalone headset coming out later this year too. (Saweet!). Anyways - they were my biggest surprise from CES. Definitely one to keep on your radars.

I also checked out some of the bigger named-VR sets at the show (Oculus, Samsung Gear, HTC Vive). There were a few glitches (as expected with young tech), but there’s some really good stuff coming out to look out for. Great English content too - gaming and videos.

I also heard about Deepoon - a Chinese knock off of Oculus. Apparently they’re trying to use Oculus’ content on their VR headsets and sell for less. Cool idea, but there’s got to be some issues with intellectual property/compatibility. No objection Oculus? It’s an interesting convo about innovation vs. straight up copying successful competitors.

Anyways - can’t wait to see how the industry changes this year as products/content actually enter the market. Think it will become mainstream? #hereshoping

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 00:16 
Insiders
Insiders

robbyrox135, thanks for pointing out your finds: 3Glasses D2, Deepoon.
I have researched them & added above. Issues:
- 3Glasses D2 has 60 framerate limit, lower than ideal for active games.
- DeePoon has bad specs.

I think VR will become mainstream, how can it not? I think PC gamers will be desperate for this level of immersion & freedom of view. In big impressive games, a whole new level of awesome.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]