Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2013, 19:21 
Founder
Founder

Ooh, it's been a while since our last newsletter. Summer is finally past us, and I hope to get back on a regular schedule of updates.

WSGF 10th Anniversary

This week marks our 10th Anniversary at the WSGF. This is a very proud moment for me and the rest of the WSGF staff. Years of longevity on the Internet should be measured in something like "dog years," and by that accounting we are pretty old.

We're kicking off the anniversary with a game give away. We have enough games to give away one or two each day for the next month (and possibly longer). All you've got to do is be active in the forums. Each day I will randomly pick a user from everyone who has posted that day.

You can get all of the details and the list of games in this forum thread.

21:9 and 4k Medals Live on the WSGF

We previewed our new medals a few months ago, and I am very happy to announce that they have all been integrated into the WSGF Games Database. The medals are in order of: Widescreen, Multi-Monitor, 21:9 Ultra-Wide and 4k UHD. Below are some screenshots on how they appear around the site. In order, the screen shots are: News Feed, DR Entry, MGL Listing, Left Nav.

Master Monitor List

I'm putting out one final call to see if there is anyone who would volunteer to take ownership of the MML. The list has grown out of date, and the info is quite stale.

If you are interested, please shoot me a PM on the site. Otherwise, we will remove the item from the top menu and focus resources elsewhere on the site. If you are interested, we have a YouTube tutorial on how to add a monitor to the MML.

New Games @ WSGF

BrĂ¼tal Legend

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Prison Architect

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Boson X

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Star Citizen (Pre-Alpha)

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Saints Row IV

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Shadow Warrior

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Lost Planet 3

MedalMedalMedalMedal

Img

Img

Connect & Support

There are may ways to keep up to date with the WSGF, and support us in our efforts. Over this past week we hit 1k likes on Facebook, and 1k subscribers on YouTube. Spread the word with your gamer friends about the WSGF.

If you would like to support the WSGF, you can donate via PayPal. We also have information on the WSGF donation badges.